Pure Savage

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some tips for 1st time DC riders? Riding with a fairly strong team

Eat...drink...in the first 100km. usually we enjoy ourselves and the scenery and forget. Once you reach 100km and did not eat or drink enough you have to play catch up. The last 30km is a b**ch, save yourself. The rest is easy, kinda.

Who will be winning this years DC?

Who is the Big Name riders riding for?

Alfa or hartlief, will be interesting as 10 riders and 5 to finish.

Also with such a short stop there is no catching back if dropped like last year.

5:04 start, at least we can start the fines early!

We're starting behind you, watch out for a light blue train...

I just created this sheet with splits to see more or less what our team would have to average to achieve a sub 6h30min (Or a sub 6 if everything falls into place perfectly on the day).

attachicon.gifDOUBLE CENTURY SPLIT CALCULATOR.xlsx

Just maybe check, are you going todo 32km/h through the feeding zone at ashton?  (don't see it included in your km's).

I had quick look, its was about 15km total neutral+feeding zone (I will have to tripple check) and took us 55minutes last year to ride the roadworks, feed zone  and feed.  We only have 45minutes this year, had 60min last year ..

edit:  From website:

The total neutral time allocated to participants is 45 minutes (Total distance of the neutral zone, including the Team Support Zone, is 12.5km).

So its 10km of netural (max 30km/h), 2.5km of feedzone (very slow)

Edited by Karman de Lange

Just maybe check, are you going todo 32km/h through the feeding zone at ashton?  (don't see it included in your km's).

I had quick look, its was about 15km total neutral+feeding zone (I will have to tripple check) and took us 55minutes last year to ride the roadworks, feed zone  and feed.  We only have 45minutes this year, had 60min last year ..

edit:  From website:

The total neutral time allocated to participants is 45 minutes (Total distance of the neutral zone, including the Team Support Zone, is 12.5km).

So its 10km of netural (max 30km/h), 2.5km of feedzone (very slow)

Aaaah okay, I just measured from a map the distance from Montagu to Ashton and got to that 11kms. I've allowed 29kmh for that section.. 

Adding the extra 1,5km neutral zone actually means we can average a bit less to get our target time.

This better?

DOUBLE CENTURY SPLIT CALCULATOR.xlsx

You can edit the sheet if you like. Password to unprotect is Johan

Edited by JohanDiv