Pure Savage

So basically zero progress since I drove through there December 2019!!! :(

At least they finally finished the bridge in Ashton... A DC without the half-built bridge would just not be the same.  :P

Luckily the Cogmanskloof roadworks will continue to create a neutral zone for us for the next few decades

Edited by Skubarra

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the recovery coming along? Besides the yips ( i have a bit of it too since I can't pull up on the bars yet) , the ribs and hand fracture? is it healing? I understand the soft tissue is going to take a while longer (the bit most people seem to forget about it it screams bloody murder back at you)

It's going ok. Ribs seem to be 90% there, most of the scabs have come and gone except the knee and the hand.

I still have bruising around the patella and on the hip, but it seems to be moving ok.

The hand is still a mess. The scar tissue and remaining scabs make it feel like the skin is 2 sizes too small and the knuckle is still a big ball. I can't play guitar or ride my MTB, which sucks, but I have managed to get in a few surfs with a bit of discomfort.

I think the hand might need a look see, but I'm going to give it another month. If it still resembles a Vultures claw in 3 weeks time I will have to do something. Managed to ride on the road bike which is awesome. These summer mornings are too good to miss!

And you? Not being able to pull up is a problem. One has to be aware of any bumps and holes in the road all the time!

At least they finally finished the bridge in Ashton... A DC without the half-built bridge would just not be the same.  :P

Luckily the Cogmanskloof roadworks will continue to create a neutral zone for us for the next few decades

Same Contractor that did Main Rd through Kalk Bay

So basically zero progress since I drove through there December 2019!!! :(

zero progress since I drove there sep 2018 lol!

It's going ok. Ribs seem to be 90% there, most of the scabs have come and gone except the knee and the hand.

I still have bruising around the patella and on the hip, but it seems to be moving ok.

The hand is still a mess. The scar tissue and remaining scabs make it feel like the skin is 2 sizes too small and the knuckle is still a big ball. I can't play guitar or ride my MTB, which sucks, but I have managed to get in a few surfs with a bit of discomfort.

I think the hand might need a look see, but I'm going to give it another month. If it still resembles a Vultures claw in 3 weeks time I will have to do something. Managed to ride on the road bike which is awesome. These summer mornings are too good to miss!

And you? Not being able to pull up is a problem. One has to be aware of any bumps and holes in the road all the time!

I'm a good space as far as healing progress goes. Having the 6 week X-ray on Thursday. Then we'll see if I can start training with weight to get my shoulder strength back. I've been out on the MTB lots but no jumps yet. Hae tp keep the wheels on the ground which is a huge bummer especially with all the slithery characters out on the trails.Nearly ran over two at Paul Cluver a week ago. Having a good surgeon and getting the surgery done immediately clearly was good advice to follow.

May have to go through it all again if I decide to remove the mechano set

Same Contractor that did Main Rd through Kalk Bay

haha I wanted to make a joke about it, too late !

I'm a good space as far as healing progress goes. Having the 6 week X-ray on Thursday. Then we'll see if I can start training with weight to get my shoulder strength back. I've been out on the MTB lots but no jumps yet. Hae tp keep the wheels on the ground which is a huge bummer especially with all the slithery characters out on the trails.Nearly ran over two at Paul Cluver a week ago. Having a good surgeon and getting the surgery done immediately clearly was good advice to follow.

May have to go through it all again if I decide to remove the mechano set

I would if I were you, seems to be a weak point, you probably don't want to break it again with a plate on it ;)

I wish I could get my plates off of my forearm that would give me a lot more confidence for MTB & Superbikes, unfortunately the doc says there are too many muscles and nerves it's too complicated to get to it unless it's necessary.  collarbone on the other hand it's much easier, you could almost do it yourself  :lol:  :lol:

Edited by Jbr

yebbo.

I had someone asking about why I left the gazebo off the packing list.

Told him he's welcome to deploy it wen we get to the feedzone but then he's packing it away too.

Tjoepstil

Everyone pack an umbrella in the car [emoji6]

haha I wanted to make a joke about it, too late !

I would if I were you, seems to be a weak point, you probably don't want to break it again with a plate on it ;)

I wish I could get my plates off of my forearm that would give me a lot more confidence for MTB & Superbikes, unfortunately the doc says there are too many muscles and nerves it's too complicated to get to it unless it's necessary.  collarbone on the other hand it's much easier, you could almost do it yourself  :lol:  :lol:

definitely don't want to break it again in a hurry. Doc says it will be pretty strong once the bone knitting is complete. Just want to get to that point without injury. It probably wont break again,  more likely to rip the titanium screws out of the bone which is a mess on another level!

Jewie, I'd get that hand seen to ASAP. Don't wait. I've seen some very crooked fingers as  a result of leaving intervention too long. kanala

Missed out on the online order for the DC commemorative t-shirt.  :mellow:  Tried a few times to access the link on the web page without success. Don't think they will be selling at the start or after the race like last year. If anyone has over ordered or has a Large spare please let me know. Not sure how much they cost this year but don't mind spending a little extra to cover a commission of sorts? 

Missed out on the online order for the DC commemorative t-shirt.  :mellow:  Tried a few times to access the link on the web page without success. Don't think they will be selling at the start or after the race like last year. If anyone has over ordered or has a Large spare please let me know. Not sure how much they cost this year but don't mind spending a little extra to cover a commission of sorts? 

Have you asked on Twitter/Instagram, I think they could make a plan for you