Pure Savage

Suggestions of what Race food to take along?

.... my favourite for years have been a 150g Damascus Nougat bar cut up in bite-size pieces in 2 ziplock bags .... very unscientific I know ... but having something to bite-n-chew is great.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

one peanut butter sandwich +/- every two hour (one in the pocket at the start).

+

supercharged water bottles (electrolites in one bottle, coke or slowmags in the other depending on the feeling on the day)

Gels / Winegums / Nuts / Bars in the pockets just in case

Main concern should be hydration with this heat I believe...

Edited by Jbr

.... my favourite for years have been a 150g Damascus Nougat bar cut up in bite-size pieces in 2 ziplock bags .... very unscientific I know ... but having something to bite-n-chew is great.

What i usually eat is: 

Banana every hour, mini Bar 1 Chocs, Far Bars, and Just in case some Gu :devil:

What i usually eat is: 

Banana every hour, mini Bar 1 Chocs, Far Bars, and Just in case some Gu :devil:

that's a few bananas to carry :D 

I usually put banana slices and honey in my peanut butter sandwitches so they are also supercharged  :D  :D

Race Food Far Bar (1 per hour of riding)

small packet of jelly babies

1x gel fo rthe 3 sisters

Whatever you've been using on training rides that works for you.. don't try something new on race day!

Normally I would agree with you and it depends.

If you riding at tempo most of the way then its ok to try something new as long as theres nothing your body wouldn't generally disagree with in the ingredients list

For the periods where you're close to or above threshold  and blown then no don't try something new.

So a mix of old and new can work well 

Edited by DieselnDust

I'm going be that guy .... If you need to ask this, maybe you should think about doing the dc . . . .

every single DC my cravings was different at feedzones .. So I stock with water, Game, coke, cookies, droewors, patatoes, bananas, jelly beans and few more things. You never know what you going to crave.....

All I can say is .. ALOT of water .. I used 3 bottles last year in from last feedzone.  1 to keep me cool, drank the other 2, that 3 sisters valey gets @#$# hot and they predicting 35C this time, so going to be 40ish in there .

EDIT:

also .. dont cram ALL your food in at first feedzone cause you did not eat enough on the bike .... 15minutes later you will regret it . . . .

seen this to many times at DC with first timers.

Edited by Karman de Lange

Not ideal prep for DC but decided will start with the guys on Saturday, then go till I blow or Sid's pocket rips off.

I'm ready, now I can justify new wheels 

All I can say is .. ALOT of water ..

Such ALOT that you probably should be drinking already.!

Keep hydrated between now and Saturday ... don't wait till Saturday to start drinking.

Think most important is to stick what you eat on all your rides, so we will have banana bread and flat whites ready at the only stop.

I'll be bringing my camping stove and moka pot