Best road bike for 50K

Eastieman

I have a Cabal Aero 1, which I got secondhand on the hub. Cannot fault it at all. I have not seen another on the road (love that!). It is a beautiful bike in real life and buying new, not sure if you can get a carbon aero bike for that price.

The bike is fast and mine has 28cc tires on. It is a "hard" ride and putting down power feels like nothing gets lost. 

In my mind you will not be making a mistake with this. And it is a South African brand.

Hey Guys, 

Thinking about buying this https://ridecabal.com/aero-1-rim-force-22.html . Anyone had any experience on this bike or would recommend something different ?

Thanks 

Just be aware that that bike will cost way more than R50k to get it here.

+15% duties +16.5% VAT + shipping. You're going to end up paying close to R70k to your door.

If I could spend that amount of money on a bike, I'd go full custom:

https://www.calculus-bikes.com/?pgid=k8hc3zjf-fcdefd40-084d-4cf5-9ef7-43679500dbea

(Don't think R50k will quite cut it in this specific instance, but you get my drift)

that is majestic

The big BUT is that you don't get much custom bike for 50k - one in picture for example I would guestimate doesn't come with wheels or gruppo for that money

50k gets you a great roadbike like a supersix EVO and you can't go wrong  - for my 50 I'd be looking for someones slightly used 100k bike

Hey Guys, 

Thinking about buying this https://ridecabal.com/aero-1-rim-force-22.html . Anyone had any experience on this bike or would recommend something different ?

Thanks 

Hey there.

I have been riding the Cabal Aero 1 for over a year and it is an amazing bike, they have sponsored riders on them (a few using them at national level). 

The value for money is insane & not many other brands offer custom paint jobs at such an affordable price.

Don't take my word for it, reach out to them.

I'm sure they can organise a demo bike for you.

info@ridecabal.com

I know I said buying new is better...

but at R35k this looks like a good deal. With the 15k you can get some carbon hoops and you sorted.

post-67394-0-77463000-1601902717_thumb.jpg

I know I said buying new is better...

but at R35k this looks like a good deal. With the 15k you can get some carbon hoops and you sorted.

attachicon.gifgiant.jpg

So nice!

Edited by Duane_Bosch