Bjorn881

I'm looking for recommendations for a pair of super grippy and good quality shoes to be used for trail/enduro mountain biking in conjunction with flat pedals! Five Ten seem to be the gold standard, but sadly are no longer available in SA it seems. My budget is ideally R1500+-

I'm looking for recommendations for a pair of super grippy and good quality shoes to be used for trail/enduro mountain biking in conjunction with flat pedals! Five Ten seem to be the gold standard, but sadly are no longer available in SA it seems. My budget is ideally R1500+-

call some of the specialized stores, i bought a pair from the older range for R1400 

I called all the Western cape stores and eventually got at the Stellenbosch store.

Wasnt advertised online as its the older stock but they still had a few pairs ( that was in August though )

Try find the stiffest sole you can, trust me, it makes a big difference, the less flex you have the better.

If you are in JHB pop in at Sprocket & Jack. They Afton on sale at a great price of R1350. Based on the clipless pair I have the flats should be really good too.

Thanks for the feedback so far! Would love more opinions on the Leatt DBX 3.0 and Ride Concepts shoes!! It also seems like stock is a big issue at the moment from the few places I phoned so far with regards to finding the Leatt's in a size UK11!

Edited by Bjorn881

Thanks for the feedback so far! Would love more opinions on the Leatt DBX 3.0 and Ride Concepts shoes!! It also seems like stock is a big issue at the moment from the few places I phoned so far with regards to finding the Leatt's in a size UK11!

New shipment landing mid October... hold out for a week or two if you want Leatt.

• 1 year later...
47 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

Hey Rudolph, by the way, what Giant pedals, the new Pinner pro or Pinner ones? They look so cool.

@Spafsack, I just have the standard Giant flat pedals, I think they were about R750 from Olympic Cycles. They do the job.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

Has anyone switched to the Bontragger flat shoes, either coming from five tens or leatt's? I saw them now, touched and feel, sole seems nice and stiff. Good looking, built, it seems? Priced at R2 500, which seems fair. 

3 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

So, Just found this link, nice read, so seems nice rigid sole, less grippy, which i prefer to be honest. I like moving my feet around.

https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/reviews/biking/mountain-bike-flat-shoes/bontrager-flatline 

These grip plenty though. Really comfortable shoe though. 

Not too stiff either. I was advised to size up since they run a bit small. Glad I did. 

Edited by Steady Spin