Strava tracking from Wattbike

The Ouzo

I've never been on a Wattbike, I know extremely little about them, but I have a friend trying to get into triathlons and he is asking questions.

The extent of this guys tracking when we ride is a seldom working wired cycle computer.

He has been wanting to get into triathlons and has enlisted a coach to help him train. The coach has given him a training program which he now needs to follow. On the coaches recommendation he has registered on Strava, but obviously now he needs to get data off the Wattbike at the gym.

I'm assuming at the very least he needs some sort of fitness watch for HR data. Do the Watt bikes at the gym allow you to connect to them to get the data from them whilst you ride ?

I've never been on a Wattbike, I know extremely little about them, but I have a friend trying to get into triathlons and he is asking questions.

The extent of this guys tracking when we ride is a seldom working wired cycle computer.

He has been wanting to get into triathlons and has enlisted a coach to help him train. The coach has given him a training program which he now needs to follow. On the coaches recommendation he has registered on Strava, but obviously now he needs to get data off the Wattbike at the gym.

I'm assuming at the very least he needs some sort of fitness watch for HR data. Do the Watt bikes at the gym allow you to connect to them to get the data from them whilst you ride ?

I previously connected my Garmin to them and it would read the speed, cadence and power off them, but I was not able to connect to all of them.

I usually used the Wattbike app to record, then connect BT HR strap to the bike. Everything then syncs to Strava if you connect the app. Also the Wattbike broadcasts power, and cadence. So you can use any cycling computer to pick those up and record your ride, used my Wahoo Bolt a few times when phone was flat. 

You can connect your Edge via ANT+, I think you can do BluTooth on the newer ones.

I used to record my speed, distance, cadence and power from the bike. If you save it on Strava as a normal ride, it even adds to your overall distances. 

Once know how, its very simple.

https://youtu.be/jOPYkeHTOzo?t=41

Register on strava, downlaod wattbike app onto phone or tablet that you will use at gym Use your HR belt, link it to the wattbike, enter your data such as weight, age etc onto the watt bike, profile gets created..log into the profile, select the program you need to train with, select wattbike number to link with and off you go...

Repeat the setup of personal data on each wattbike because you may not get the same wattbike everytime you attend gym.

Connect with coach as a follower on strava and bobs your uncle he is now effectively monitoring your training program and can adjust where necessary.