Canyon launch all-new Aeroad

News bot

Press Release

In July 2014, Canyon unveiled the Aeroad CF SLX, a bike that would move the aero road bike game on considerably. Until this day, the Aeroad CF SLX has been held as a benchmark for overall aero road bike performance. It united clear aero­ dynamic gains, comfort, stiffness, lightness and an aggressive geometry in ways the competition had yet to succeed in doing. This generation of the Aeroad is arguably one of the most complete road racing bikes ever created.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicely done Canyon, superb looking bike!

Let's hope they reinforced the top tube... 

*Edit: great detailing with the handlebar design - especially for travelling, as well as for adjustment purposes

Good looking bike, but I can't believe they brag about the 7.26kg best spec model (let's assume around 7.4kg with pedals and all). This is for a $8000 bike LOL! The best part is they use Van Der Poel to market this. Who actually thinks if he had a choice that van der Poel would choose this mamil tech over a 6.9kg older rim version. 

Good looking bike, but I can't believe they brag about the 7.26kg best spec model (let's assume around 7.4kg with pedals and all). This is for a $8000 bike LOL! The best part is they use Van Der Poel to market this. Who actually thinks if he had a choice that van der Poel would choose this mamil tech over a 6.9kg older rim version. 

A few days ago at the BinkBank

post-45765-0-69709500-1602003949_thumb.jpg

So I guess he does?

Current marketing: Aero + Disc is more importanter than weight.

In reality, very few of the pro bikes are actually on the 6.8kg limit.

Current marketing: Aero + Disc is more importanter than weight.

In reality, very few of the pro bikes are actually on the 6.8kg limit.

That's the marketing in 2020 for ya  :w00t:

Pogacar and Roglic both had 6.8kg bikes for this years tour. They were lucky as their teams went with performance > marketing.

Pro cyclists ride the bike they are given by the sponsors.

Sure.... YOU definitely know the mostestest.

He is riding the bike and he is winning. Does anything else actually matter?

650b! No, 26er is not ded! 

He'd probably pick this bike. Because it's likely faster.

Weight is just one metric to measure a bike. Yes, an easy one to measure and compare so people obsess over it but sheds little light on the speed of a bike.

In MvdPs case, he's not going for GC in mountainous grand tours (yet). He's fighting in breakaways or sprinting. Aero is king for this racing.

When he feels the need, I'm sure he can just reach for his Canyon climbing bike without upsetting the sponsors.

Canyon has had at least a 30% growth in sales for the 2019-2020 financial year, if my memory serves me corrrectly. This is incredible considering what the global marketplace is going through. The brand is working on further expansion strategies.

Ze Germans know how to engineer.