Canyon launch all-new Aeroad

News bot

Has anyone sat on the top tubes yet to see if they crack? I would be embarrassed to market a 7.5kg bike for that money when things like the tarmac sl7 exist

Does it come with a money back guarantee?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone sat on the top tubes yet to see if they crack? ???? I would be embarrassed to market a 7.5kg bike for that money when things like the tarmac sl7 exist

Aeroad 7.26kg for £7700

or

SL7 6.9kg for £10500

He'd probably pick this bike. Because it's likely faster.

Weight is just one metric to measure a bike. Yes, an easy one to measure and compare so people obsess over it but sheds little light on the speed of a bike.

In MvdPs case, he's not going for GC in mountainous grand tours (yet). He's fighting in breakaways or sprinting. Aero is king for this racing.

When he feels the need, I'm sure he can just reach for his Canyon climbing bike without upsetting the sponsors.

I think weight is less of a concern now that aer bikes are <8kg. 

Quite a lo of TdF stage winners rode aero bikes this year. Pogacar didn't because the Aero concept is bloody heavy , flexy and just a generally poorly sorted aero bike.

The aero bike is a better choice because the riders are more adapted to climbing with a slammed stem than in the past. where they preferred a more stretched out position. 

The criteria for choosing between aero and conventional road are very closely aligned. Position is king

He'd probably pick this bike. Because it's likely faster.

Weight is just one metric to measure a bike. Yes, an easy one to measure and compare so people obsess over it but sheds little light on the speed of a bike.

In MvdPs case, he's not going for GC in mountainous grand tours (yet). He's fighting in breakaways or sprinting. Aero is king for this racing.

When he feels the need, I'm sure he can just reach for his Canyon climbing bike without upsetting the sponsors.

It used to be you could get 6.9kg aero bikes, but marketing in 2020 doesn't allow for it. I understand bikehub is paid to promote this bike but it just looks like another heavy, over priced hassle prone ride following the current money making trends. Plus the proprietary parts would just be a headache to replace. Each to their own but I don't like to wait weeks or months for stuff that you should be able to walk into a bike shop and buy.

It used to be you could get 6.9kg aero bikes, but marketing in 2020 doesn't allow for it. I understand bikehub is paid to promote this bike but it just looks like another heavy, over priced hassle prone ride following the current money making trends. Plus the proprietary parts would just be a headache to replace. Each to their own but I don't like to wait weeks or months for stuff that you should be able to walk into a bike shop and buy.

I'm pretty sure that all those old "6.9kg aero bikes" were about as stiff as wet spaghetti and incredibly inefficient on climbs regardless of the weight. I also don't get where your whining about marketing is coming from. If they could build an aero bike that was 6.8kg and climbed as well as a climbing bike they definitely would because it would certainly give them an advantage in races. And lets be honest, winning races sells far more bikes than any clever marketing does...

And your whinge about proprietary parts applies equally to every aero, tt, and triathlon bike so I'm not sure why you are singling this one out.

Why you so grumpy? Your posts depict someone that is very sad and lonely. You OK?

Sho, Jon is worked up by these new Aero bikes, maybe these new aero bikes could help our vegan friend to complete an everest.  :ph34r:

lol I appreciate a good troll Brendon, well done ;) 

I'm pretty sure that all those old "6.9kg aero bikes" were about as stiff as wet spaghetti and incredibly inefficient on climbs regardless of the weight. I also don't get where your whining about marketing is coming from. If they could build an aero bike that was 6.8kg and climbed as well as a climbing bike they definitely would because it would certainly give them an advantage in races. And lets be honest, winning races sells far more bikes than any clever marketing does...

And your whinge about proprietary parts applies equally to every aero, tt, and triathlon bike so I'm not sure why you are singling this one out.

I should have clarified what I meant.. they are pushing disc brakes more than ever this year for marketing reasons, this drives the weight of the bike up which is why I meant marketing in 2020 doesn't allow for 6.9kg aero bikes. 

Why you so grumpy? Your posts depict someone that is very sad and lonely. You OK?

He might had the same experience than me:

I waited until 15 September to get a confirmation if Canyon could ( or not) provide me with a replacement fork - that I could only request/ask via the crash replacement online form on 18 August. That is around 21 days for a bike that I bought less than 2 years ago. 

Only then you actually know it is available - and confirm the actual order, wait a day to get a payment url and then wait for the (normal) delivery duration and custom delays for import tax. 

In between those dates I sent multiple emails and made direct calls to an extremely helpful & friendly lady that did the absolute best to help me (10 out of 10), but who don't even got given authority to check stock levels on parts - so you just sit, without a bike - and dont know for 3 weeks should you buy a different frame or will be able to source a fork.

Yes, these weird and wonderful parts will be tricky to get for all brands, but the current replacement order process at Canyon is not working/broken... well for me at least. Canyon would do well by improving how the none-Van der Poel riders get repairs done and publish a number of articles on why it take so long. Maybe there is valid reasons, but a simply "yes/no we have stock" can help a lot with the decisions I need to make to get riding as quick as possible.

Im seriously impressed with my current bike and the fold down of the handlebars in this article for boxing the bike is something that would be really handy. But I need some time first to get over the bitterness ;) 

Already feel good just to vent here, sorry guys ;) 

He might had the same experience than me:

I waited until 15 September to get a confirmation if Canyon could ( or not) provide me with a replacement fork - that I could only request/ask via the crash replacement online form on 18 August. That is around 21 days for a bike that I bought less than 2 years ago. 

Only then you actually know it is available - and confirm the actual order, wait a day to get a payment url and then wait for the (normal) delivery duration and custom delays for import tax. 

In between those dates I sent multiple emails and made direct calls to an extremely helpful & friendly lady that did the absolute best to help me (10 out of 10), but who don't even got given authority to check stock levels on parts - so you just sit, without a bike - and dont know for 3 weeks should you buy a different frame or will be able to source a fork.

Yes, these weird and wonderful parts will be tricky to get for all brands, but the current replacement order process at Canyon is not working/broken... well for me at least. Canyon would do well by improving how the none-Van der Poel riders get repairs done and publish a number of articles on why it take so long. Maybe there is valid reasons, but a simply "yes/no we have stock" can help a lot with the decisions I need to make to get riding as quick as possible.

Im seriously impressed with my current bike and the fold down of the handlebars in this article for boxing the bike is something that would be really handy. But I need some time first to get over the bitterness ;)

Already feel good just to vent here, sorry guys ;)

Haha well said. You can take over from me here. This grumpy old man needs to get off the hub, get some work done and then go for a ride  :ph34r:

I should have clarified what I meant.. they are pushing disc brakes more than ever this year for marketing reasons, this drives the weight of the bike up which is why I meant marketing in 2020 doesn't allow for 6.9kg aero bikes. 

Now these facts I can agree with! 

Sho, Jon is worked up by these new Aero bikes, maybe these new aero bikes could help our vegan friend to complete an everest. :ph34r:

post-64325-0-28442500-1602154241.gif

Edited by morneS555