Eurosteel Drak Descent 2021

zappa

After a year of uncertainty and upset where we never knew what the next day could bring, the Spoors Team are able to offer some stability…The now famous Euro Steel Drak Descent MTB & Run the Rivers Trail Run, will be held on the 30th and 31st of January 2021. We are thrilled to bring you even more improvements, new energy & excitement in our 2021 edition of this iconic Southern Drakensberg event at exactly the same price as we did in 2020. Our events form part of the growing FNB Drak Adventure Weekend, which will include the N3TC Drak Challenge and FNB Music Experience.

As a result of an overwhelming number of requests coming in from potential entrants for the Drak Descent and Run the Rivers, we would first like to offer our faithful previous entrants a preferential entry period. To those of you that have heard the hype, but have not had an opportunity to enter in the past, never fear, there may still be a spot or two available when the entries open to the public. Jump in and enter in order to be placed onto the waiting list for entry allocation once the preferential entries close! In order to ensure that you receive what we have always strived to provide – “value for money” – the Spoors Team will guarantee a 100% refund should the event be cancelled due to another COVID19 Lockdown situation.

Remember, with regards to the MTB, while called the Descent, it is not an easy ride – and to our surprise, that is what most riders of reasonable fitness and skill really enjoy. They have called it “real mountain biking”. We hope that the date gives you adequate weeks of riding to work off the Christmas and New Years’ excesses and be in better shape for our event. We are happy to announce that for 2021 our founding sponsor Euro Steel is again involved with the MTB race and the Trail Run

Entries will open on 6 October to all previous years’ participants and entries to the general public will open on 1 November. For 2021, payment for the race must be made upon registration. We no longer have a register now and pay later option. Due to our event having a limited number of participants, we cannot hold entries indefinitely. We will allow previous years’ participants to register and pay up until 30 November 2020.

Euro Steel Drak Descent & MTB Challenge:

Drak Descent Team - R1600

Drak Descent Solo - R800

Euro Steel MTB Challenge - R500

(substitutions at a cost of R200)

Approximate Distances:

Drak Descent     Day 1 = 42km    Day 2 = 45km

MTB Challenge   Day 1 = 25km     Day 2 = 18km

The Euro Steel Drak Descent is classified as a Mini Stage Race and therefore riders of the age 15+ in December are allowed to ride.

1v1.jpg

Euro Steel will continue to support the Run the Rivers Trail Run 2021. What more could organisers ask for from a sponsor when they just continue to do more, give more and add such value to our event? We are ever grateful to Colin and his team and all at Euro Steel who make this possible.

Euro Steel Run the Rivers Trail Run & Lite:  

Trail Run & Lite – R500

(substitutions at a cost of R200)

Approximate Distances:

Trail Run            Day 1 = 25km    Day 2 = 16km

Lite                      Day 1 = 12km    Day 2 = 8km

2.jpg

Riders and Runners who enter either the Euro Steel MTB Challenge or one of the Euro Steel Run the Rivers Trail Runs, have to ENTER FOR BOTH DAYS (i.e. you cannot enter for only one of the days, but you can run or ride only one day if you so wish).

TO ENTER:

For the MTB event click here or for the Trail Run click here (as of 6th October) which will take you to the specific event.

Ride and Run safely through 2020!

The Sani Spoors Team is really looking forward to hosting you all again at the Euro Steel Drak Descent, MTB Challenge and Euro Steel Run the Rivers Trail Run in 2021!

SponsorsBanner.jpg

Drak Descent Social

FacebookIcon.pngTwitterIcon.pngUntitled-1.png

Email - drakdescent@sanispoors.co.za

Website - www.drakdescent.co.za

Run the Rivers Social

FacebookIcon.pngUntitled-1.png

Email - drakdescent@sanispoors.co.za

Website - www.runtherivers.co.za

To unsubscribe Click Here