Pyga arrogance / bad service [resolved]

DMJ

Really surprised as well. Never had anything but great service from them. They even rented me a bike when I was over In SA for a week a couple of years back. Hope that this is just and isolated incident

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was in the market for a new bike I couldn't arrange a demo or test ride come hell or high water - I tried both Pyga and Santa Cruz as they were the bikes I was keenest on.

Specialized on the other hand allowed me to try out a Camber and a Stumpjumper, on more than one occasion.

Not Pyga specific, but most lbs around here don't have demo bikes. I guess it's difficult for them to carry extra stock and the one told me that people tend to abuse demo trail bikes, so they don't offer that. I could do the parking lot test though. Anyway, that's Pyga's loss that they weren't willing to arrange a demo bike for you.

Wow, I'm also in the "I received only stellar service" corner. When they were still busy building my bike, one of the guys gave me his own bike to try out on the Howick trails. 

Aren't Phil Buys and co already riding the Mobu's? So how can they still be 2 years away from being ready?

Yep, they have been for a while. I think Matthys' did his 1000km "ride" during hard lockdown on his Mobu.

You can not go to the Toyota factory and request a test drive of the car.

You can go to the dealer yes. 

Pyga will only point you to the dealer. If there are no dealers willing to let you demo a bike, you can tell Pat about that, but what you demanded is not really the way things work

I guess we have all had pretty mixed experiences. I cant think of a single brand that only receives good reviews. It is a pity that they couldn't accommodate you given that you live close to their head office.

I personally received great service from them. When the pivot washers on my Stage cracked they immediately shipped me a new set. No questions asked.

A mate bought a medium Stage on Monday last week and it was shipped and ready to go on Thursday morning.

Pyga needs to make a plan for people who want to test their bikes. There must be a way to make it happen.

Pyga will only point you to the dealer. If there are no dealers willing to let you demo a bike, you can tell Pat about that, but what you demanded is not really the way things work

Pyga deal directly with the public (they have a hybrid model where you buy from them but they deliver through a bike shop), Toyota do not. So in this case they should supply the bike shops with a demo model for clients to test or ship to an LBS when the model is needed.

Car dealerships also do not supply demo models, the factory give it to them as consignment stock, when they sell the demo model they pay that across to Toyota / Ford / brand SA. In fact, most stock on their floor is not even their stock - it's there on consignment from the group they belong to. That is why I can walk into Barloworld Toyota in Cape Town and buy a model sitting on the floor in Durban if it is specced the way I want it.

I have been amazed by their support in Cape Town and on Berg n Bush, Pyga just gave a demo bike to a good friend of mine at the first service point when the BB on his old GT packed up and they were happy that he kept for two days. They have always been exceptionally generous to me.

Mr Toyotas number is not at the bottom of the Toyota website, Pats is

Pyga's website clearly says contact us - I bought my Pyga from them directly

The OP is in KZN and listed on their "dealer" website is Pyga Sales Howick

Again, only ever had good service but clearly the OP didn't

OP is long gone shredding some trails on his new bike   :clap:

He missed out. Some things are worth "going full Karen" for. 

I was so close to buying a Hyrax... but the Evil took my soul. 

Always had nothing but great service and feedback from back in the Morewood days. 

Toyota don't sell direct to the public but Pyga Ind sell to the public? If you sell direct to the public you should make a plan and arrange a demo bike.

He missed out. Some things are worth "going full Karen" for. 

I was so close to buying a Hyrax... but the Evil took my soul. 

Always had nothing but great service and feedback from back in the Morewood days. 

Having owned a Pyga before and having ridden a friend's Stage while my OneTen was out of action and riding a Stage Max at Trailwolf, they will need to bring out a magic carpet to see my money again. A Pyga is not as magical as they are made out to be.

Been there, done that, own three t-shirts, the cap and the coffee mug. 

Having owned a Pyga before and having ridden a friend's Stage while my OneTen was out of action and riding a Stage Max at Trailwolf, they will need to bring out a magic carpet to see my money again. A Pyga is not as magical as they are made out to be.

Been there, done that, own three t-shirts, the cap and the coffee mug. 

The only brand that will get my money again is Evil. I don't think I can ride anything else again.

The only brand that will get my money again is Evil. I don't think I can ride anything else again.

For reals, is Evil that great - interesting do share more or maybe not on this thread  :whistling:

What brands have you owned prior to the Evil or comparing it to?