Rotator Cuff Repair

Got that t-shirt too, and can confirm, pain wise it was a real beech. For close to 3 years I had discomfort/pain and unable to sleep on my sides.

Slightly different op, but the doc cut off some bones, added a few screws, and gave me new ligaments that he took out of my forearm.

A lot of shoulder training, 2 dislocations later, and I’m finally ok. Although I still struggle with freestyle swimming.

I always preferred breast stroke anyway..............

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so 11 days after the procedure , i am starting to feel human again. According to the dr he did the following which i had to Google.......Rotator Cuff repair, bicep tenodesis and shoulder acromioplasty. I cannot remember anything about last week and slept all day long. The pain meds show schedule 6 on the box, i must admit that and the sleeping tablets kept me under for a very long time day or night. i will finish with the meds over the weekend and then start with the IDT again come Monday morning when my system is clean of all the pills..... the Doc suggested 2 weeks rest and then slowly back on the IDT  IF IT DOES NOT HURT !!! Just glad it is so far down the line , and now my wifes Boss tested positive for Covid, fortunately we lived like separate life's , she in the one bedroom and me in the other before and after the op, because i had to isolate before the op............  never a dull moment!!! :w00t:

...........  never a dull moment!!! :w00t:

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

If it will help, I'm not experiencing a single dull moment myself. My business partner had a bit of an awkward fall. In the shops of all places, while talking to his wife! He didn't pay attention and stumbled over a crate where they were unpacking stuff. Broke his right shoulder (socket part of the joint), tore the rotator cuff and dislocated the shoulder. He's off work for 6 to 8 weeks so I am having to take up the slack. Meaning very long days at work as well as extra Saturdays, just to keep our ship on an even keel. 

I told him that he would have had more sympathy from me if it was a bike crash, but hell, to get it from SHOPPING and TALKING to your WIFE!  :eek:  :ph34r:

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

If it will help, I'm not experiencing a single dull moment myself. My business partner had a bit of an awkward fall. In the shops of all places, while talking to his wife! He didn't pay attention and stumbled over a crate where they were unpacking stuff. Broke his right shoulder (socket part of the joint), tore the rotator cuff and dislocated the shoulder. He's off work for 6 to 8 weeks so I am having to take up the slack. Meaning very long days at work as well as extra Saturdays, just to keep our ship on an even keel. 

I told him that he would have had more sympathy from me if it was a bike crash, but hell, to get it from SHOPPING and TALKING to your WIFE!  :eek:  :ph34r:

Ouch that sounds serious.. :eek: .. he must blame the wife !! I am "working" from home , but will go into the office Monday, fortunately i am working for myself so it helps a lot.  

• 6 months later...

Can you guys recommend any spesific Orthopedic Surgeon in Jhb / Pta for a rotator cuff repair

Can you guys recommend any spesific Orthopedic Surgeon in Jhb / Pta for a rotator cuff repair

Mark Human at Olivedale clnic.

Make sure it can't be rehabilitated with physio/bio before you have it operated on.