Night Ride and Dinner 21 October

T_Boss

Taun Bewsher,

Seems like alot of people pay you for an adventure and then the adventure starts of trying to correspond or getting their money back?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also one of those people trying to get my money out of this guy. He doesn't respond to emails or answers phone calls. I think its time to get a thread going to warn people.

I am also one of those people trying to get my money out of this guy. He doesn't respond to emails or answers phone calls. I think its time to get a thread going to warn people.

Hi Chris.

I am sorry if we have missed calls from you. But as was stated in the email when we announced that the Makgadigadi tour you had book was to be cancelled (because at the time, the borders were still closed), you were sent an email highlighting various options for alternative trips, or to postpone to another departure in the new year. 

If there were no alternative dates avialable that suited you at the time, you were issued a credit note, which is valid for 12 months - after which if you have still not booked an alternate trip, you can request a cash refund. 

Your credit note was issued on the 2nd of October, ans is still valid.

Herewith a link to the T&Cs on the website - https://adventurelogistics.co.za/shop/tcs/

I will also resend you the corresponding email that highlights the same.

Nice story bro, please see a screenshot of a reply you made to a post on your website 4 months ago stating exactly the opposite. link https://adventurelogistics.co.za/makgadigadi-mtb-adventure/

You said and I quote: Yes, as per our booking conditions, specifically amended for Covid 19 related issues, we are offering full refunds in the event that the borders don’t re-open in time. We will also send you an email directly confirming this and giving some more details

Therefore I am sure you might have updated your terms and conditions for your protection since this was posted. Please also note that this is the 2nd time this trip has been cancelled. It is not certain when this pandemic will allow another successful trip to be in force without border issues. 

I am sure this will validate a full refund as per your aforementioned statement.

Regards

post-114797-0-55808300-1609346681_thumb.png

That's the most amazing thing to do,

How come with so much bad history is this guy allowed to peddle his wares here?

Sounds like a serial/habitual con artist....

What sort of shifty sod leaves his guests high and dry by pretending to fetch firewood and making like Donald.......

Edited by Mojoman

The number of times he spammed this deal was not only annoying, but in hindsight was dodge.

Pricing was also too good to be true. 50% discounts, R999 deals.

I almost fell for this to surprise my fiancé with a “tour”

Shame on you Tuan. But i’ve seen your MO so many times. You take the money, cancel the event, and when called out you refund or claim to refund one person to restore the faith.

Or is this a case of taking money from Peter to pay back Paul?

Needless to say I feel that Admin should be looking into you a lot closer.

Edited by DR ◣◢

Sounds like a serial/habitual con artist....

What sort of shifty sod leaves his guests high and dry by pretending to fetch firewood and making like Donald.......

You actually need a screw loose to do something like that.

I will not sign on for any of his endeavors

Pricing was also too good to be true. 50% discounts, R999 deals.

I almost fell for this to surprise my fiancé with a “tour”

Shame on you Tuan. But i’ve seen your MO so many times. You take the money, cancel the event, and when called out you refund or claim to refund one person to restore the faith.

Or is this a case of taking money from Peter to pay back Paul?

Needless to say I feel that Admin should be looking into you a lot closer.

I was hoping the posts of 30 December was just "bad communication" .....

Really hoped he had turned a new page after "fetching wood" on the 4x4 crowd .....

Get the feeling this may the tip of the iceberg ..... 

I was hoping the posts of 30 December was just "bad communication" .....

Really hoped he had turned a new page after "fetching wood" on the 4x4 crowd .....

Get the feeling this may the tip of the iceberg .....

Leopards and spots...

Firstly, Regarding the connection between me and the well documented "wood fetcher" incident from 5 years ago, that has been discussed ad nausea on the 4x4 community forum. This has been brought up a few times on bike hub in the past. I have never tried to hide from the fact that I was the person responsible for this. There were a lot of factors involved that led to that unfortunate event, and the fallout that ensued. 

All parties directly affected then, with that specific incident and the subsequent closure of that company (Authentic Adventures), where refunded in full. Apologies were made directly to the affected parties as far as possible. This incident as unfortunate as it was, has been settled and put behind me, and those that were directly affected. The persons that keep bringing it up, and making seemingly informed statements regarding it, were not directly or indirectly affected. I have owned up to the mistakes made, and lessons that were learned. I realise this is a legacy that will in all likelihood follow me around forever, but as I have said, I have never tried to hide my connection to this, to anyone who cares to ask and am open to discuss this further in person with anyone who would like to clear up anything relating to it. 

Now, to move on to the concerns regarding the Facebook post from 30 December. I will not go into too much detail about this, as I have engaged the services of an attorney to deal with the affected party on this. I will, however, like to point out a few basic facts. 

1. Adventure Cycles did mess up the booking for this group. I have admitted to being at fault in this regard.
  2. I became aware of this on the 18th of December, and there was no way of securing accommodation at the destination at this point in time (Their booking was for the 30th of December - 5th of January)
  3. At this point, I made a mistake of trying to hide our error, by talking the group into postponing their trip to a later date, because of the uncertainty relating to possible new travel restrictions that may be implemented. We had at this point already made the call to postpone a number of cross border MTB trips for the period of 29Dec through to 14 January, based on clients concerns about impending restrictions. 
  4. The group opted not to postpone and left without another option, I informed them on 23rd of December that we have to cancel the reservation. A full refund was paid to them on the 24th of December.

As I said, this had now become a legal issue, and I will not discuss any further details regarding this specific issue - other than to state that this was also not an MTB tour to be facilitated by Adventure Cycles. We were only engaged to arrange the accommodation for them, for a trip they would be undertaking on their own. It was not part of our regular or scheduled tours. 

This is/was in no way a scam or scheme as has been alluded to. In fact, there is no upside to the company or myself in this regard. There is no way I could possibly stand to benefit from this. It was really just an unfortunate administrative error on my behalf, which has turned out into a very damaging ordeal. 

If any one wants to discuss this with me, me contact details are available, and I have nothing to hide. 

Edited by T_Boss

The moment you have to explain yourself on more than one incident even if it happened 5 years ago is alarming and you surely you must start asking yourself if you're business ethics is on par. You admit to screw up the booking and then lie about/ hiding the fact. The main cornerstone of your business is engaging with people and if you can't be trusted then you have a problem. I suspect the damage is already done and if I were you I would come clean and salvage what is left. Just pay back the money unconditionally and build it from there otherwise you will find yourself in lockdown level 5 forever.