ToerFiets - New Afrikaans cycling mag!

Nokka

Saw a copy here locally....impressive layout...print etc...layout...quality of printed paper...sadly as only English speaker I  cant comment on its article content....but looks impressive...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ninety five bucks? Sjoe that's approaching book pricing

Maybe I should buy one for my wife for her birthday ....

Sad reality of low volume prints .... will always be expensive ....

I was carrying my daughter who was being fussy, and the mag caught my eye. I asked the missus to take one since she was heading to the till point. Upon her exit she informs me the mag cost R95.00

I had a bit of a 'moment' and nearly turned back to the shop for a refund, but thought, what the heck, let's see what the fuss is about. 

I do actually enjoy the read. It is in typical Weg! quality, both in journalism and in photography. But ja, that price is a bit steep methinks. Not so to cause me any financial distress, but I am wondering how the other Weg! editions manage to come in at around half the price.

All in all, I would not exactly say its not value for money, just that it's alot of money for a once off read.

Look, theres boutique pricing, and then theres taking the mickey. This seemed very exciting at first, but there is no way I am paying R95 for any magazine. Especially not one that also sells advertising space

At that price, it costs more than it costs me to have the National Geographic sent to me from the states....... 

Hi guys, 

thanks for the positive response so far. Greatly appreciated!

Of course with a small print run as an initial trial edition it won't be cheap. 

But, what you hold in your hand before walking to the till, is a classy product. SA's best technical writers and international photographers. These don't come cheap (has anyone seen the rand lately?).

We have local and international stories. Beautiful, professional layout. Well written. First hand interviews with industry leaders and sportsmen. Detailed info curated from first hand experience.

Yes, it's not burger-and-chips money. But this mag can sit on the shelf without ageing. You won't regret that spend! 

Hi guys, 

But, what you hold in your hand before walking to the till, is a classy product. SA's best technical writers and international photographers. These don't come cheap (has anyone seen the rand lately?).

We have local and international stories. Beautiful, professional layout. Well written. First hand interviews with industry leaders and sportsmen. Detailed info curated from first hand experience.

Yes, it's not burger-and-chips money. But this mag can sit on the shelf without ageing. You won't regret that spend! 

hi Nokka,

Ek beaam alles wat jy se. Ek wil nie klaerig voorkom nie, maar terselfdertyd wou ek net my objektiewe opinie gee oor die tydskrif se aankoop. 

As far as the quality of the articles and photography, I am pleasantly surprised by the high quality. I am really enjoying my read, and as a start I am quietly thinking of a Cederberg trip thanks to the mag.

Wel gedaan. Ek sal verseker 'n gereelde leser word.

edit - I am enjoying this mag WAY more than the usual Bicycling advertising leaflet that contains the odd readable article.

Edited by Robbie Stewart

Hi waar kry ek die tydskrif of word dit net digitaal versprei? ek sal ook 'n bydrae wil lewer (ek is 'n joernalis) 

Hi guys, 

I queried the price, and I totally understand that it is not a decision you took easily - might even have had to reduce it under a buffalo when the sums first came in. I am glad my job does not involve the complexity of needing to calculate feasibility pricing for a new print title. 

I hope it's a success, and sales ahead of circulation make it feasible, but I'll remain skeptical (for now).

Hi waar kry ek die tydskrif of word dit net digitaal versprei? ek sal ook 'n bydrae wil lewer (ek is 'n joernalis)

Tans slegs gedrukte formaat.

Selfde plekke waar u Weg en soortgelyke tydskrifte koop. Dit is in die laaste 2 weke versprei, so bai winkels het nog nie voorraad nie

Tans slegs gedrukte formaat.

Selfde plekke waar u Weg en soortgelyke tydskrifte koop. Dit is in die laaste 2 weke versprei, so bai winkels het nog nie voorraad nie

Ook op Magzter

Decided to take the magazine, at my local Checkers, along with a coffee from my local barista.

Het deur die tydskrif geblaai toe ek in die ry gestaan het. Die eerste artikel wat ek gaan lees is op bladsy 45... want ek het ‘n ASX, en dit is glad nie “under powered”

6f0196e0e029b5f966bdddf495354839.jpg

Edited by Frosty

• 4 weeks later...

...tried 10 or 11 stores, still cannot find it, anywhere, up till today, anyone have any TIPS where i can look?

tried 3 x Exclusive books, 2 x CNA's, a Checkers, 2 x PnP's, 3 cycle shops, etc etc.

Cape Town and surrounds, Southern Suburbs/Cape Town Centre, V&A, etc?

thanks!

Chris

They should put a list on here, their sales will double. 

As ek Frosty se post reg lees is dit amper op my stoep. 

...tried 10 or 11 stores, still cannot find it, anywhere, up till today, anyone have any TIPS where i can look?

tried 3 x Exclusive books, 2 x CNA's, a Checkers, 2 x PnP's, 3 cycle shops, etc etc.

Cape Town and surrounds, Southern Suburbs/Cape Town Centre, V&A, etc?

thanks!

Chris

Two years ago I was looking for a "special edition" from the same publishing house .... friends got a copy the week after it was published.

Local Spar finally got some copies three months later.

Never saw at PnP.

Seems shops are hesitant to order "low volume" prints ....

Ek het dit by die plaaslike SPAR gekry . Goeie kwaliteit papier en fotos . Teleurstellend vir my ten minste 4 bladsye afgestaan aan voertuie order die boeg van “ lekker voertuie om jou fiets in te laai “ . Ek hou van voertuie maar daar is genoeg ander publikasies daaroor . 
Ek het meer stories verwag or plaaslike toere maar dit sal hopelik kom.

sterkte vorentoe 

Dankie-dankie, 

Ek self stel baie in motors belang - ek's 'n motorjoernalis - so ek voel ek kan ingelig skryf daaroor, dis nie 'n gegorrel om plek vol te maak nie. Plus die sportnutse is 'n enabler om jou stokperdjie uit te leef. Die dakrak, die fietsrak, die sportnuts teenoor 'n Corolla. So dit pas nogals vir my. Maar, blaai maar verby as dit nie die smaak is nie. 

Ek wil beslis meer travel stories in die toekoms insit. Lesers het alreeds lekker bydraes van die interessantse toere ingestuur wat hulle self onderneem het. Die kar-seksie moet nooit indring nie, maar waarde toevoeg.