So who has seen this? Rapport Toer/Tour 2021 Paarl

mecheng89

6 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Doubt you can compare the two events or organisers to draw conclusions hey ????

Ya true in cycletour trust we trust

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be wrong but CTCT is a massive event so more likely to be cancelled because of Covid. Rapport tour seems to be more a small event for hardcore racers that shouldn’t be too concerned by covid (I mean as long as the winelands and other normal races happen, rapport tour should be happening) I believe in this case it’s cancelled because the organisers doesn’t seem to know what they are doing from the day they announced the race ????

Rapport's involvement came from pre-Covid. The goal was always to attract legitimate international riders. I'm guessing they feel that will still not really be possible March 2022 and they are not interested in doing a low-key tour for the local pros.

I’ve made peace that life will only normalise around 2023. We can thank the anti vaccers for that. Events going ahead will do so at risk unless proof of vaccination is made a condition of entry and in SA that may require legislative changes.

10 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

I’ve made peace that life will only normalise around 2023. We can thank the anti vaccers for that. Events going ahead will do so at risk unless proof of vaccination is made a condition of entry and in SA that may require legislative changes.

On that, I don't think legislative changes are needed.

Right of admission reserved is still very much a thing here. I see the 'RAGE' event in Plett has initiated a vax passport only protocol, so no entry into clubs, taxi's etc for the allotted 2 weeks of 'RAGE' unless you are vaxxed.

Legislative changes will only need amendments in places that are unavoidable or not a choice.

Foo Fighters and Coheed and Cambria just embarked on massive tours of the States with a 'vaxxed only' entry policy. 

I think globally we will see more and more of this and if we want anything done in SA people will need to embrace this. As it encompasses private land, part of the usage permissions could easily include this which means THE Epic could essentially also say the decision is out of their hands, should they wish to remain in the 'good books' of the AVs.

I believe a number of transport companies (air and bus) are also trying to see what they need to do in order to reopen and operate at capacity using the Vax Passports. 

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

On that, I don't think legislative changes are needed.

Right of admission reserved is still very much a thing here. I see the 'RAGE' event in Plett has initiated a vax passport only protocol, so no entry into clubs, taxi's etc for the allotted 2 weeks of 'RAGE' unless you are vaxxed.

Legislative changes will only need amendments in places that are unavoidable or not a choice.

Foo Fighters and Coheed and Cambria just embarked on massive tours of the States with a 'vaxxed only' entry policy. 

I think globally we will see more and more of this and if we want anything done in SA people will need to embrace this. As it encompasses private land, part of the usage permissions could easily include this which means THE Epic could essentially also say the decision is out of their hands, should they wish to remain in the 'good books' of the AVs.

I believe a number of transport companies (air and bus) are also trying to see what they need to do in order to reopen and operate at capacity using the Vax Passports. 

Right of Admission reserved will cover private enterprises but not government service e.g. hospitals, paramedic services, offices etc.

Will be interesting to see were this Vac passport goes... dangerous times

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Right of Admission reserved will cover private enterprises but not government service e.g. hospitals, paramedic services, offices etc.

Vac passport and mandates are nothing new. Nor is anti vaxx messaging, which ultimately is based upon selfishness more than anything, and ironically what leads to vaccine mandates.
We've nothing to complain about, gov has made significant progress on vaccination sites and the messaging. Over the previous long weekend Gauteng health opened up just over 40 pop up sites. 
People must now start taking responsibility and stop blaming everything on the gov as an unmitigated disaster. 

Events must do what they must to ensure their livelihoods and overall safety of participants. If this includes partnering up with pop up vaccination sites, so be it. 

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

inooculations up to date for schoolchildren is legislated, and it's respected.

why is this really any different?

6 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

because not every child is vaccinated and that does not limit their freedoms.

Proposing that all people be vaccinated whether this is against their beliefs or not, or limit their freedom starts to tread into dangerous ground

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Proposing that all people be vaccinated whether this is against their beliefs or not, or limit their freedom starts to tread into dangerous ground

there are many schools that wont allow your child in unless vax cards are up to date

2 hours ago, Shebeen said:

I don't think it is a legal requirement to vaccinate children - but as ouzo mentioned, many shcools require proof of vaccination before they will admit your child, it is the case for the government schools in my area

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

you lost me at 'beliefs'

keep on track otherwise this thread will be last seen...

I too really hope someone puts their hands up to make this tour happen for locals... man that final day TT up Signal Hill will be special

20 hours ago, Kom said:

Wow - looks like Arthur Shelby was into his racing before becoming a Birmingham Gangster ...

Good cardio training for the bareknuckle fights.

Wonder what he keeps in his "bidon" though. I'm almost certain it will be some sort of malt liquor