So who has seen this? Rapport Toer/Tour 2021 Paarl

mecheng89

1 minute ago, bleedToWin said:

I think Rapport was planning to not only comp entries but also cough up for accommodation for some pro conti teams...

that's a really expensive undertaking!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

god man CAPITALS!!! #learnhowtousethem

The biggie is the current red listing of SA as a Delta virus hotspot. Rest of the world should catch up by March year or is there going to be an Epsilon Variant .........or maybe just skip it for the (more catchy and easier for anti-vaccers to pronounce) Zeta variant.

All the planning is so dependent on which variant is spreading and where. For pro teams to commit resources to little events in Cape Town in March (start of the European road race and MTB seasons) will be a huge risk.

Lets see if the MTB community sends any of its International Professional Teams to the Cape Epic. Hopefully the back end of Wave 3 is over by then.

I can't see why a Rapport Tour for locals can't go ahead unless maybe its the cost thing. The Pro teams pay a lot more for entries and therefore cover more of the cost of the event than an individual. Maybe the concept is stillborn because there just isn't an international market at the moment?

There's always the TUV Nord Cyclopaths Tour in September (if its going ahead?)

OK

On 9/3/2021 at 5:47 PM, Jbr said:

Just saw this on FB now, looks like a nice alternative !

https://www.facebook.com/111757040778318/posts/270967364857284/?d=n

Asking as a complete noob (I come from a trail running background) , is a race like this open to the general public? 

I get the impression it's more of a "pro" /"semi pro" vibe (or at least you need to be part of a team?) 

Just trying to understand how the cycling racing landscape works. 

2 hours ago, MongooseMan said:

Asking as a complete noob (I come from a trail running background) , is a race like this open to the general public? 

I get the impression it's more of a "pro" /"semi pro" vibe (or at least you need to be part of a team?) 

Just trying to understand how the cycling racing landscape works. 

Assuming its going to be the same vibe as Tour of Good Hope then yes, general public can enter and you wouldn't need to be part of a team.

With Boland backing them I would have been surprised to see this limited to pros/teams.

There are the usual categories (elite, subvets, vets...) and even an open cat so don't worry, anyone with decent training can enter ;)

2 minutes ago, Jbr said:

They lost me at Start Time : 6:05 ????

Too late? Perfect for the weekend warrior conditioned to starting before the sun is up... Those "pro hour" riders will be suffering from sleep deprivation! 

24 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Proper TT vs the hill climb TT of Rapport Tour is a bit harder to be equipped for... 

and less fun ????