Garmin not finding HR sensor

Gregc

My Garmin 810 edge stopped picking up my HR from my Ant+ Dual HR chest strap.

I have tried the following: 

Changed the battery on the strap

Factory reset on 810 edge

Factory reset on 130 Edge

Tested strap on 130 Edge , also doesn't find sensor

Tested 810 Edge on 3 other working straps, still doesn't find HR sensor 

The HR strap came with the 130 Edge as a bundle.

I have also tried deleting the sensor from the 130 Edge as Garmin suggested but still wont find sensor after factory reset

Garmin help desk says i must send the  810, 130 and strap to Jhb to test as Navworld in Maitland no longer agent for Garmin

Anyone else experienced this?

Had the same issue and tried everything you mentioned above for months. Noticed a small scuff mark on one of the contact patches, didn't think that could be it. But apparently it was, bought a replacement strap and all is working 100% now.

If no device is picking up the strap then it's time for a new one (seeing that it's got a new battery)

Try a different strap and see if the 810 picks it up, if it does then you know that it isn't the unit.

As per Stall_Gear, or with the battery removed, place a conductor to short the positive and negative terminals in the sensor, and discharge the internal capacitors.

Have you been using it for a while? Same thing happened to me with garmin strap and edge520. Heard somewhere about salt build up from sweat being an issue. Gave the strap a good wash and it's worked for 3 rides now. Not sure if its the main issue but it's working for now.

Funny cause I never had this issue with my wahoo strap

Thanks

Will try the conductor thing. Did take the battery out and put back to front but luck

There is no sensor ID no showing on either unit when you let it search. Not sure if that has anything to do with it

Have a new strap on order 

Not sure why it didn't pick up the 3 working straps though.......

Thanks

Will try the conductor thing. Did take the battery out and put back to front but luck

There is no sensor ID no showing on either unit when you let it search. Not sure if that has anything to do with it

Have a new strap on order

Not sure why it didn't pick up the 3 working straps though.......

Did you check in the unit in at Garmin Rosebank? They will "assess" and then offer u an upgrade but insist they inspect your unit first before offering upgrades.

Did you check in the unit in at Garmin Rosebank? They will "assess" and then offer u an upgrade but insist they inspect your unit first before offering upgrades.

Based in CT so will need to send up 

As per Stall_Gear, or with the battery removed, place a conductor to short the positive and negative terminals in the sensor, and discharge the internal capacitors.

No luck........

Based in CT so will need to send up

Do that...it will save u plenty of grief. Sportsmanwarehouse will assist you in this regard.