iPhone 12 release

Cois

So I was reading up on Apple devices. And spotted that there is an Apple Event today for the release of the iPhone 12.

Kind of excited, but hope Apple can improve a bit on the past phones.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must say it's getting more and more difficult to justify spending +-R20k on a phone. R18k at the moment for the cheapest iPhone 11; I can only imagine what the next iteration will cost

(And the 12 won’t even come with a charger; that’s just lunacy)

Edited by Craai

The top of the range 12 is $1100, and the top of the range samsung S whatever is $1300.

So the iPhone shouldn't be setting new record prices when it arrives here.

Still, 20,25 thousand bucks is a lot to shell out for a phone. Even if we use it every single day.

gotta love the apple fanbois.

love boasting about the share price and company value.

don't realise that them getting ripped off is what got it there!

And I’m just sitting here typing on my cracked iPhone 7.

The 12 is a beast but at what price... the 11 was already way out of reach for me. The 12 will be too.

The 12 is supposed to be priced the same as the 11, its the reason they dropped the headphones and charger.

gotta love the apple fanbois.

love boasting about the share price and company value.

don't realise that them getting ripped off is what got it there!

I like the iPhone, unlike the high end Android devices I had previously the iPhone works as well after 2-3 years as it did when you bought it.

It used to be a case of iPhones being more expensive but even Samsung with the utter trash they release costs more these days.

I like the iPhone, unlike the high end Android devices I had previously the iPhone works as well after 2-3 years as it did when you bought it.

It used to be a case of iPhones being more expensive but even Samsung with the utter trash they release costs more these days.

(Not an argument reply) I bought a Huawei for exactly half the price of the iphone X however long ago it was. As far as my non-tech brain could tell it was hardware better in every way. It still works fine for me today.

And whats best is I don't need itunes, icloud, ithis and ithat to do anything. I don't know why but their software never gelled with me.

(Not an argument reply) I bought a Huawei for exactly half the price of the iphone X however long ago it was. As far as my non-tech brain could tell it was hardware better in every way. It still works fine for me today.

And whats best is I don't need itunes, icloud, ithis and ithat to do anything. I don't know why but their software never gelled with me.

Something on Hauwei doesn’t work... is it Garmin Connect?

Turn on location services and it works. Agree it takes a bit longer to connect but my phone is far cheaper. At 20k + I would rather buy an Apple Laptop. 

since highschool days, I always had a cutting edge phone. I was lucky, my dads company had a coprporate package with MTN, and they got sweet deals on the best phones.

Once you get used to it, its hard to downgrade, so when it became time for me to pay my own phones, I kept up the trend. Been an apple fanboy since about 2011 now, and dont ever see myself using another brand.

But the prices have just gotten daft. I dont know how people justify taking the top end model anymore...Its madness. Now I see they have even stretched the contracts to 36months to "help" people affford these things. Im sorry, but if you are paying R800+ rand a month, to have the newest iphone, but only get 50 minutes and 500mb of Data, your ripping yourself off, and you need to asses your proirities. 

and the top end packages arent much better either. 5 years back, if you had a business contract, with 1500+ minutes and 3 or 5gigs data, because you actually used that, you were getting the phone essentially for free when you looked at the total cost over 2 years, but that also seems to no longer be the case. I wanted to upgrade to an iphone 11 the other day. Not a single package from any provider is worth it.

I will keep my iPhone 8 another year, and then probably "upgrade" to a refurbed iPhone Xr or something.

I am sure the 12 is going to be a beast, but I simply cant see how anyone justifies the cost anymore

It works, just not very well. The reason I dumped my huawei(I have just upgraded last week). GC is one of my most used apps so it was something I always consider. GC aside, the huawei really wasn't a bad phone for the price. 

Except when apple intentionally slows down your device...because your battery is old they claim ( My Experience) making your device unusable.