2021 Stumpjumper Rant

T_Boss

eBikes are the new trail bikes for the SA market.

Looked at the bike racks at Bloemendal on Sunday morning .... at one point 1 in 3 bikes were ebikes ....

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read every post in the hope of understanding why I can't find a new Stumpjumper - never mind AXS !!!

Two bikes mentioned as similar were the Transition Spur - who just told me they only bring in on special order and the YT which i still have to research.

How does one purchase a bike then - just on reviews - surely not???

Just read every post in the hope of understanding why I can't find a new Stumpjumper - never mind AXS !!!

Two bikes mentioned as similar were the Transition Spur - who just told me they only bring in on special order and the YT which i still have to research.

YT are waiting for the factory to have stock for SA ... it is looking like a March delivery date to CT as I think I understood from a recent conversation with the agents.

Looked at the bike racks at Bloemendal on Sunday morning .... at one point 1 in 3 bikes were ebikes ....

But Bloemendal is flat

The rest of the stumpjumper range is landing late Feb, early March. This was the answer two weeks ago when I was in the market.

Its frustrating to say the least. I've wanted either a Spur or Evil following, and there's no indication when we'll ever get stock. You also better hope the reviews are spot on, because there's no way to demo any bikes now either.

The rest of the stumpjumper range is landing late Feb, early March. This was the answer two weeks ago when I was in the market.

Does that include the evo by any chance?

I swore I was never getting another Spez again, but the evo just ticks so many boxes.

Does that include the evo by any chance?

I swore I was never getting another Spez again, but the evo just ticks so many boxes.

I did not ask about the Evo.

to replace the Trance frame?

No decent second hand frames anywhere to replace her

November 2020 I walk into Specialized store

Me: "I want to buy a Stumpjumper"

Salesman: "You want to buy an Epic Evo"

Me: "but I have an Epic you sold me 3 years ago"

Salesman: "that Epic is old technology. Also you won't be able to pedal stumpjumper uphill as well as the Evo"

Me: "but I want a 140mm trail bike as well as my marathon bike"

Salesman: "you want an Epic Evo"

My purchase December 2020: Evil the Following

Now I realise the Evo is a fantastic "one bike to rule them all" but I like my different bikes for different trails.

I really wanted to buy a Stumpjumper, they just wouldn't sell one to me!

Salesman: "that Epic is old technology. Also you won't be able to pedal stumpjumper uphill as well as the Evo"

Now I realise the Evo is a fantastic "one bike to rule them all" but I like my different bikes for different trails.

How do you feel about the Following? Really interested in this bike, but the price has put me off a bit

If you really wanted A stumpjumper you would've bought one

Don't tell me one of the lowest ranking people in that store 'wouldn't' sell you one.

You turn your back to them walk to the manager and say 'I want to buy a stumpjumper , your sales man only want to sell me an epic evo which I don't want. I'm walking out with a stumpjumper today or simply walking out, so which models can you show me?'

. I'm 95% sure I can predict how that exchange would go

Don't tell me one of the lowest ranking people in that store 'wouldn't' sell you one.

You turn your back to them walk to the manager and say 'I want to buy a stumpjumper , your sales man only want to sell me an epic evo which I don't want. I'm walking out with a stumpjumper today or simply walking out, so which models can you show me?'

Plenty of stores that want my business... I am gonna go there, not to the place I have to fight for them to sell me a bike. I also would have turned around and walked out.

Haha... Ok