This hobby should come with a Warning label

MajG

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That statement is not entirely true. You only need a good credit rating.  :ph34r:

:whistling:

Its easy, when you have no money you cant spend money

that's just sad and causes more sadness which only excessive retail therapy cures

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Edited by s14phoenix

I think most of us here are in the same position.

I bought a Trek X-Caliber 9 a few weeks back and already upgraded the brakes. My sons Titan 24" has a 26" Fox 32 fork, hydraulic brakes, tubeless, and a bunch of carbon bits. The upgraded bits may be worth as much as the bike.

For me - its the excitement of researching and finding the right parts that will fit - and then actually seeing if I agree with the countless reviews I would have watched.  :lol:  :lol:

We are all feeding each others addiction with all the nice goodies that get advertised on the hub.  Stop it damit ...  so that I can also stop ...   :D

I have a problem with tools.

Just bought a Park derailleur hanger alignment tool. I doubt it will get used much. Same with buying their big torque wrench. Only place I’ve used it so far was on a crank bolt that needed 60nm

And then alllll the other tools. Specific sets for specific bolts for example.

It never ends.

I have same problem. Have toolbox / roller cab a professional artisan would be proud of! Something out of a Snap-On, BluePoint, Knipex, ParkTool, Beta Catalog... And don’t even get me started on my 4 torque wrenches or Mitutoyo precision measurement instruments! And now my new addiction to Makita LXT tools.. Oh dear.

I think most of us here are in the same position.

I bought a Trek X-Caliber 9 a few weeks back and already upgraded the brakes. My sons Titan 24" has a 26" Fox 32 fork, hydraulic brakes, tubeless, and a bunch of carbon bits. The upgraded bits may be worth as much as the bike.

For me - its the excitement of researching and finding the right parts that will fit - and then actually seeing if I agree with the countless reviews I would have watched.  :lol:  :lol:

This is it!!! I find this joy of upgrading the kids bikes aswell.

They dont care much, but it makes me believe we bonding when we fitting the items or when I end up swearing and sweating whilst trying to fit it :cursing:

Is changing out your carbon headsets spacers for plain black alu spacers an upgrade (because it now matches your stem) or a downgrade (because it is no longer carbon)?

Is changing out your carbon headsets spacers for plain black alu spacers an upgrade (because it now matches your stem) or a downgrade (because it is no longer carbon)?

Depends on the bike... carbon and weight or aesthetics