This hobby should come with a Warning label

MajG

I am sure we have many hubbers like me.....and we need to form some sort of support group ( the hub aint the support group as it fuels the addiction more :blush:  )

I am ALWAYS looking at buying something new (or new to me) for this hobby - bike, parts,accesories or anything related to this hobby.

Iv purchased new cars, never needed to add or buy so many accesories, same when I had motorbikes. I use to keep Marine fish (nemo's) and that had potential to buy endless fish and accesories etc - yet I wasnt that addicted to searching and looking for new things to buy as I am with MTB'ing. I been running for years, yet ocntent with one pair of runners a year and only changed out watches once every 3 years or so.

I even enjoy changing up my kids bikes or adding better components, so its not only to buy things for me  :whistling:

I enjoy my bike and not into chasing strava times or entering competition etc , i just love getting outdoors with any bike.

Do any of you folks also have this obsession, always looking to get something new , be it a new water bottle to new carbon rims or adding more bikes to the selection.

If my wife only knew how much i actually spend on this hobby :ph34r:

Pfft... If you still call it a 'hobby' you're not fully on the hook... It's a lifestyle, man!! 

:ph34r:  :P  :lol:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the bike... carbon and weight or aesthetics

Everything is blacked out anodized aluminium on a bright orange carbon frame.

The carbon spacers looked meh

Is there such a thing as a window shopping addiction? It helps when you can't afford all the new gear

That's how I roll as well. Just poppin into shops looking at new bikes. Need to decide between an engagement ring and a new bike. Already been told if I buy another bike instead of a ring, she's out!

That's how I roll as well. Just poppin into shops looking at new bikes. Need to decide between an engagement ring and a new bike. Already been told if I buy another bike instead of a ring, she's out!

There’s you answer.

Ps I have some spare carbon spacers you can use as a ring. If it doesn’t fit you can use a zip tie. They are adjustable.

So what bike are you buying?  :ph34r:  :thumbup:

win win

whichever way you go, its going to cost you money forever. :ph34r:

It is great fun to blackmail my friends, threaten to tell their wives what they really spent on their bikes.

That being said I have coughed up a bucket load of money for my and my wife's bike so I guess I am one to talk. Luckily my wife knows exactly what I spend so.

Now this you need to spill, which shops offer this service

Ssshhhhh....

Wifes may read this thread ....

On a related matter ... Giant Durbanville takes good care of their clients ...

reading all the comments made my day! I fly rc Jets and just bought an expensive mtb - so I'm in double trouble. Every good hobby has the exact same problems I think. Only 2 types of Hubbers, those whom acknowledge their addiction and those who are in denial.

You know it doesn't stop at just buting the expensive bike....

Rc jets might take a slight backseat for a while