MTB Flat Pedal recommendation (Crankbrothers?)

Bjorn881

I'm looking at getting a pair of the Crankbrothers Stamp 2 metal flat pedals for MTB. I'd love to get some feedback on them or recommendations of other brands in the R1000 region that are better suited/comparable!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to hear other people's opinions too on this. I've been looking at the cb stamp too, but can't figure out what the differences are between all the stamp numbers. There was also a lekker looking race face pedal, but it's not available anymore :(

I’ve been using the Stamp 2 for a couple of months now. No issues and they grip well with my 5.10s

It’s a simple pedal and quite thin. I still get a lot of rock strikes though because of my low bb height. They hold up well even with strikes hard enough to lift you out of the saddle.

I’ve been using the Stamp 2 for a couple of months now. No issues and they grip well with my 5.10s

It’s a simple pedal and quite thin. I still get a lot of rock strikes though because of my low bb height. They hold up well even with strikes hard enough to lift you out of the saddle.

Why are you in the saddle through a rock garden in the first place......

Yep, been using the Stamp 2's for maybe 1.5 years now. They have been great, grip is good, at LEAST comparable to my Spank Oozy Trail (and a moerse load better than the Sh1tmano Saints I had before that) I moved from (because I could not get service kits locally...even though the agents will happily sell you the pedals for over R2k).

Pedal pins are easy to replace. I bought longer replacement ones at a bolt shop so I could customize the concavity.

Service kits are cheap and readily available and the pedal is cheap.

I have the Giant flats on my jump bike. They are perfectly functional, just fat and chonky and can't say the grip is comparable to others.

I've got a set of stamps. I had a MASSIVE rock strike with them on the ONE trail in CT you definitely don't want to be crashing on. The Table Mountain Granites.

Biggest OTB of my life. Day done. Torn shorts. Kneepad destroyed. A week of sticky sheets. 6 weeks of sore ribs and weed oil so I could sleep and a bent my left side crank arm. Small crack in the pedal body. The cranks had to be replaced but the pedals are still going strong with zero maintenance.

These pedals come with my highest recommendation. 

The massive platform may not be to everyones liking but there are 2 sizes.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I'm looking at getting a pair of the Crankbrothers Stamp 2 metal flat pedals for MTB. I'd love to get some feedback on them or recommendations of other brands in the R1000 region that are better suited/comparable!

Have you considered the Stamp 1 peddles. Recently bought a pair (size small) from Outdoor Escape. Seems to be much lighter than Stamp 2 and although it is made from a composite material, all reviews indicate that they are just as strong as the metal-type pedals. Also if you hit the pedal on a rock the scratches won't show up as much as with a metal pedal.

Don't have any issues with grip and now using it with a pair of Etnies Marana Cranks which I also bought from them.

https://www.outdoorescape.co.za/cyclefootwearpedals

I ordered a set of Stamp 2 but they were out of stock and ended up with 3's. The cycling faeries were looking out for me!

Very happy with the Stamps. Glad I went with them after reading usually negative online reviews for them.

Wasn't happy with the ONEUP pedals I was using...that everyone raves about how great they are :|

Edited by keithbe

Have you considered the Stamp 1 peddles. Recently bought a pair (size small) from Outdoor Escape. Seems to be much lighter than Stamp 2 and although it is made from a composite material, all reviews indicate that they are just as strong as the metal-type pedals. Also if you hit the pedal on a rock the scratches won't show up as much as with a metal pedal.

Don't have any issues with grip and now using it with a pair of Etnies Marana Cranks which I also bought from them.

https://www.outdoorescape.co.za/cyclefootwearpedals

Sucks that they no longer stock the Etnies

Seems like go-mx.co.za still keeps them at R1500.

Just bought RC Hellions but another pair of riding shoes never hurts.

Worth looking at Evobikes ... they currently have a good special on Shimano flats.

I had this set on my MTB for some time, then it migrated to my commuter.  Good value for the money.

Worth looking at Evobikes ... they currently have a good special on Shimano flats.

I had this set on my MTB for some time, then it migrated to my commuter.  Good value for the money.

The Shimano flats are a bit, and by that I mean a LOT, naff in comparison to anything else in the similar price range.