Where: Contermanskloof Farm, Western Cape
Category: Enduro

EWC ENDURO at CONTERMANSKLOOF presented by Tygerberg MTB Club

Start time: 08H00

Pre-entries ONLY!

Cost:

Full Enduro R420 and R35 extra for CSA day license if you aren't a CSA member

Lite Enduro R320 and R35 extra for CSA day license if you aren't a CSA member

Registration takes place on Saturday the 21st of November between 12H00 and 16H00 at Contermanskloof.

No event registration will take place on event day.

Late entries will be accepted on the 21st of November at registration via the Entry ninja online platform at a cost of R550.00

Go to Event Page

Event Name: Enduro Western Cape 2020 #1 - Contermanskloof

When: 22 November 2020

Where: Contermanskloof Farm, Western Cape

Category: Enduro

EWC ENDURO at CONTERMANSKLOOF presented by Tygerberg MTB Club

Start time: 08H00

Pre-entries ONLY!

Cost:

Full Enduro R420 and R35 extra for CSA day license if you aren't a CSA member

Lite Enduro R320 and R35 extra for CSA day license if you aren't a CSA member

Registration takes place on Saturday the 21st of November between 12H00 and 16H00 at Contermanskloof.

No event registration will take place on event day.

Late entries will be accepted on the 21st of November at registration via the Entry ninja online platform at a cost of R550.00

Go to Event Page

I've entered. Only seeing the registration only on Saturday bit now. That's a bit of a pain coming from Somerset West...

Looking forward to it none the less.

I've entered. Only seeing the registration only on Saturday bit now. That's a bit of a pain coming from Somerset West...

Looking forward to it none the less.

Or just volunteer and then it doesn't matter....... 

Gonna have to go check those trails on the Lefty now that I don't have an enduro bike anymore.. I was kind of hoping for a Hoogekraal stage rather than conties :D

The revised bit will be a bit scary with only 100mm travel

That's if I don't do the DC anyways....

Edited by Jbr

I need a fork for my hardtail!! Want to join in this fun. Classifieds have been barren the last few weeks in that regard. Anyway, soon hopefully.

I need a fork for my hardtail!! Want to join in this fun. Classifieds have been barren the last few weeks in that regard. Anyway, soon hopefully.

Danie du Doit and I used to race these on rigid SS..... do it

Danie du Doit and I used to race these on rigid SS..... do it

Edit: can i have my own class then? Or maybe put me with the 5 year olds? I might be able to hang on to them. I mean actual 5 year olds though...not people as tall as 5 year olds haha

post-64325-0-61835200-1603376998.gif

Edited by morneS555

• 3 weeks later...

Good Day 

What are the trails that  are included in the 5 stage race?dont know if I missed it.

Just curious as I only ridden there once would like to get  some practice in 

what are the rules regarding dress code?

Do you have to go full enduro kit (full face helmet, pads and baggies) or can you do this this in roadie lycra and normal helmet :ph34r:

Edited by YaseenEnos

Do you have to go full enduro kit (full face helmet, pads and baggies) or can you do this this in roadie lycra and normal helmet :ph34r:

FF helmets are not mandatory but a decent trail helmet is always a better bet than a roadie inspired XC lid. I would not consider doing a race like this in lycra simply because if you do fall, its not going to offer much protection. Think about pulling a pair of thicker board or nylon hiking shorts over the lycra. 

I always wear kneepads, full finger gloves, baggies and long sleeves unless its very warm. Because its racing, you do tend to push harder and as you tire on a run mistakes happen. I wore thinner than normal knee pads on a race once and suffered painfully when I crashed...

only if the bike fits the dress-code... :whistling: 

I risked it last year with no knee-pads, only because I couldn't afford any at the time. Thankfully I managed to keep the rubber on the ground, but it was scary. Those rocks at Conties are pretty sharp.

post-59129-0-86304900-1605005073_thumb.jpg

Has been done before, no one died.