Harris overcomes obstacles to break Race Across SA record

News bot

Physical and mental beast... I still miss his psychology articles from Ride Mag.
Mental game on a completely different level to most - was always cool and a little mind-blowing to get his insights...

Wonder if he will give Munga a proper crack one of these years, but it might be a bit on the short side for himĀ 

Very worthy holder of the record... Mr Dreyer, the ball is in your court (and of course let's not forget Jeannie!)

What an achievement!!!
I wonder if racing at a warmer time of year helped considering the longer daylight... he did mention the crazy winds so maybe that offset?

What an achievement!!!

I wonder if racing at a warmer time of year helped considering the longer daylight... he did mention the crazy winds so maybe that offset?

the extra daylight really helps, and suprisingly the wind was much milder.

This record will have an "asterisk" next to it as an october ride, as we return to RASA being a winter event in 2021.

Ā 

but the ride itself was near perfect execution, an amazing achievement to do that course in under 240 hours.

I was there a day after him at Montagu. It was hot and very windy. No moon to speak of. It was dark at night. Most people I saw out there said it was tougher conditions than earlier in the year. The water points are too far apart. The heat was horrid. All the little streams were dry. Respect to him.

hahahaha The water points are too far apart..... Like 160km sometimes.....

Ā 

It might have been gusty and warm there, but July up to Rhodes can be minus 10 with hours less daylight. It definitely makes a difference.

Ā 

It is an amazing achievement though. Alex was flawless in his execution. Chapeau

Ā 

He needs to come back and do it in July now.....Ā  :ph34r: