Please help: Can you convert to Direct mount brake calipers on an aluminium fork?

Hi Bikehub family. 
Hoping you can help me with this question. 

Recently purchased an older 2001 De Rosa Vega Merak from a hubber here. 
Wanting to slowly upgrade it. 

List of decisions:

- opt for lighter wheels - carbon WHY or those amazing Campy Shamal HPW 12 Titanium bits that used to come on colnagos from the same era: >> Installed and fitted the Shamals for now - carbon bits much later...
- Carbon seatpost >> To Do
- Convert current mixed older 105/Tiagra groupset set up for more moodern 105/Ultegra groupset >> To Do

- Convert brake calipers from older 105 to Bontrager or WHY Direct mount brake calipers >> To Do. This is where I need your advice. 

Is it even possible? 
I mean I want to believe that the fork could be modified as it is aluminium, but...

- would that mess up the structural integrity of the fork?

- Thinking that direct mount calipers would put the fork and rear seat stays under new pressures but is that okay?
- Can I drill into the fork (it is thick enough in surface area)?

Seeking your help to understand what I should consider here, 

Thanks, Chris

Why don’t you just buy a new fork. There are numerous 2nd hand forks available on the hub. 
eg. Carbon fork for R700. It will give you peace of mind.  It’s not nice going down a hill at 80km/h wondering if drilling your fork has weakened it.