Guardian Angel

Andreas_187

I bought this thing that shoots pepper gel and fits nicely into your jersey or pocket. No batteries, no C02, it will fire 2 jets/sprays.

Nice that it stays on your person if you get separated from your bike and then you can make the decision if you want to use it or not.

post-95256-0-79911000-1603641940_thumb.jpg

post-95256-0-13374500-1603641950_thumb.jpg

I saw it way back when, probably 2012-2013 through Cyclelab, then it was quite a heavy and bulky thing, glad to see that they've changed it a bit. Also back then it was close to R3k

How does the pepper gel work?

Must be shot into the face as normal pepper spray?

I'm told it's extra strength and anywhere on the upper torso should do the trick. Apparently it shoots out for the first 2/3 metres and then starts to spread into a bit of a mist. Don't know, I haven't tested it.

Ok cool, very handy then.

And it can fire few shots or only 1 or 2 then requires reload?

Saw you mentioned two sprays at a time or 2 rounds of 2 lines of gel spray?

This is often like the lotto, do you try to defend and aggravate the guys or if lucky it scares them off solid and you can escape

Edited by MajG

you may scare off the amatuers but those who are serious and come prepared with guns or knives will still probably take you on.

Imo its still better to just give them what they want and make use of your insurance...

Pull the trigger once for first shot, pull again for second shot... then throw it away.........and run like hell

Fixed

Edit: OK, maybe grab  bike if you can and run like hell

Edited by DJR