Cyclist assaulted in Camps Bay

FootballingCyclist

Could have been "interesting" had that traffic light been red ...

A "slap" to the face in return caught on camera would have given that video a much more satisfying ending.

Out of interest to the legal eagles out there:Is there a scenario where if someone slaps me first, I am free to return it without repurcussions? Does the first slap need to be unprovoked?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A "slap" to the face in return caught on camera would have given that video a much more satisfying ending.

Probably just as well that it didn't... we've seen too many times how easily blame is shifted to the cyclist.

Hopefully this way only one party remains at fault.

Out of interest to the legal eagles out there:Is there a scenario where if someone slaps me first, I am free to return it without repurcussions? Does the first slap need to be unprovoked?

Our fellow hubber Harryn would know the answer to that.

However I don't think that it would be wise to retaliate even if the law did allow for it. As someone else already pointed out this could see a shift in blame towards the cyclist. And sadly we have a very low level of popularity with motorists who aren't cyclists.

As an aside, doesn't this also contravene the 1m of the rider rule?

What is the punishment for that if run in conjunction with it being purposeful the physical contact, not wearing seatbelts, hanging out of a moving vehicle etc?

A good lawyer shark could spin it pretty well, especially as it is premeditated.

It's idiotic. I hope it doesn't ruin their lives, but teaches them a lesson they can grow from

Edited by Jewbacca

As an aside, doesn't this also contravene the 1m of the rider rule?

What is the punishment for that if run in conjunction with it being purposeful the physical contact, not wearing seatbelts, hanging out of a moving vehicle etc?

A good lawyer shark could spin it pretty well, especially as it is premeditated.

It's idiotic. I hope it doesn't ruin their lives, but teaches them a lesson they can grow from

It won't.A hefty admission of guilt fine is what it will end up in.

Wonder if they still laughing , doubt it . It never ceases to amaze me what stupid people find funny. Hope the cyclist has the last laugh .

Def not.

The fool in the backseat is well known to me as I am to him. The football world is too small a place that everyone will know who he is. He came at me on Insta threatening a law suite probably expecting me to back down, but when I attacked back, He all of a sudden became apologetic. I'll post the screenshots here of the conversation on Insta because he disabled his FB account the minute I tagged him.

post-35357-0-94072400-1603901827_thumb.jpg

post-35357-0-38789800-1603901855_thumb.jpg

post-35357-0-54137900-1603901901_thumb.jpg

post-35357-0-65472100-1603901923_thumb.jpg

post-35357-0-33614900-1603901953_thumb.jpg

post-35357-0-80883600-1603901972_thumb.jpg

Edited by FootballingCyclist

Def not.

The fool in the backseat is well known to me as I am to him. The football world is too small a place that everyone will know who he is. He came at me on Insta threatening a law suite probably expecting me to back down, but when I attacked back, He all of a sudden became apologetic. I'll post the screenshots here of the conversation on Insta because he disabled his FB account the minute I tagged him.

Are you seriously debating the toss with this toss?Big mistake.