Win Big at the FNB Wines2Whales Champions Chase

News bot

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see only one time from 2020 on the tygerberg segment... now I feel I must go give it a try some day..

I see only one time from 2020 on the tygerberg segment... now I feel I must go give it a try some day..

The segments open on Friday and all rides between 30 October - 8 November count as entries; I reckon there's a good chance of winning some awesome stuff!

The segments open on Friday and all rides between 30 October - 8 November count as entries; I reckon there's a good chance of winning some awesome stuff!

oh I thought it was open last weekend already !

oh I thought it was open last weekend already !

Nah, under the Get Serious on Strava paragraph it says 30 Oct - 8 Nov. This could be the first time my name ever pops up anywhere near the KOMs!

Enjoy the TokaiMTB track which I rode on my enduro bike and created for WTW/TokaiMTB. I was pleased to see it had the most climbing. The route takes in jeep track ascents to level 5, down the Coronation Curves, then Boulders down, up to Mamba, down the Snakes to Rinkhals, back up to Vasbyt and down again.

Did anyone else do the Zwift ride yesterday?  The 'no draft' was unexpected and I wish I hadn't slowed down in the beginning to let the chasing group catch up to me.  They provided no help at all :P  
After that it was a solo run through to the end.  Good little workout for the legs.

Did anyone else do the Zwift ride yesterday?  The 'no draft' was unexpected and I wish I hadn't slowed down in the beginning to let the chasing group catch up to me.  They provided no help at all :P  

After that it was a solo run through to the end.  Good little workout for the legs.

No draft! I had no idea! I was wondering why I was doing more work than the guy in front of me!

It was brutal. The front 2 guys shot off and a rate I knew I couldn't hold so I dropped back a bit. If I'd known it was going t be a solo TT things might have gone differently. Nabbed 7th, so I'm happy with that

No draft! I had no idea! I was wondering why I was doing more work than the guy in front of me!

It was brutal. The front 2 guys shot off and a rate I knew I couldn't hold so I dropped back a bit. If I'd known it was going t be a solo TT things might have gone differently. Nabbed 7th, so I'm happy with that

You finished just in front of me - I was 8th.  Those front two were pushing mega watts the whole way.  I could only sustain that pace for about a kilometer  :P

If I'd known there was a R1000 for the top three finishers maybe I would have tried harder! In reality I was never going to hang with them.

I could see you reeling me in at the end, it took a lot to just maintain that gap. Congrats on the top 10!

You finished just in front of me - I was 8th. Those front two were pushing mega watts the whole way. I could only sustain that pace for about a kilometer :P

Haha well done. Then you were just ahead of me!

Would have been a different race if drafting was enabled and it was known that there were prizes for the top 3????

Started of easy to try and form a nice group, until I realised there was no drafting????????‍♂️ At least Matt Beers did not catch us.

If I'd known there was a R1000 for the top three finishers maybe I would have tried harder! In reality I was never going to hang with them.

I could see you reeling me in at the end, it took a lot to just maintain that gap. Congrats on the top 10!

This is the first I'm seeing about the R1000.  Didn't know anything about that.

At the end I was fan viewing the front guys watching them dice for the line.  When I came back I saw that I was closer to you than I was before, but I thought to myself "seventh or eighth, who cares" and I saved some legs for my next ride.  Maybe I should have been more focused and pushing, but I was happy with top 10 anyway.  

This is the first I'm seeing about the R1000.  Didn't know anything about that.

At the end I was fan viewing the front guys watching them dice for the line.  When I came back I saw that I was closer to you than I was before, but I thought to myself "seventh or eighth, who cares" and I saved some legs for my next ride.  Maybe I should have been more focused and pushing, but I was happy with top 10 anyway.  

I looked at their Facebook page this morning to see what the lucky draw situation was and saw a pic congratulating the top three oaks on their R1000. The W2W entries have already been won but I'm holding thumbs for something cool to come my way :)

I looked at their Facebook page this morning to see what the lucky draw situation was and saw a pic congratulating the top three oaks on their R1000. The W2W entries have already been won but I'm holding thumbs for something cool to come my way :)

There are loads of prizes still to come! I am gonna try shave a few seconds off my Tokai time this week as I am currently sitting in second place. Note that that was not an invite to go try push me even further down the leaderboard.

There are loads of prizes still to come! I am gonna try shave a few seconds off my Tokai time this week as I am currently sitting in second place. Note that that was not an invite to go try push me even further down the leaderboard.

I didn't even know you could ride a mountain bike.... I'm guessing the segment is a jeep track climb or the mast tar road?  :ph34r: