Win Big at the FNB Wines2Whales Champions Chase

News bot

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you missed out on the action on Zwift there are still great prizes up for grabs in the Strava segments:

• KOM and QOMs will receive pairs of Oakleys.

• There are two Land Rover Driving Experiences up for grabs.

• Wine hampers from wine farms and estates along the route.

• A virtual training session with Ben Swift from Team INEOS Grenadiers.

• Two sets of Ciovita cycling kit

• Two FNB Wines2Whales Entries

• Woolworths hampers

• Accommodation at Trail’s End

• Accommodation at The Marine in Hermanus

• Accommodation at Houw Hoek Hotel

• And a BH bike worth R90 000!

If you missed out on the action on Zwift there are still great prizes up for grabs in the Strava segments:

• KOM and QOMs will receive pairs of Oakleys.
  • There are two Land Rover Driving Experiences up for grabs.
  • Wine hampers from wine farms and estates along the route.
  • A virtual training session with Ben Swift from Team INEOS Grenadiers.
  • Two sets of Ciovita cycling kit
  • Two FNB Wines2Whales Entries
  • Woolworths hampers
  • Accommodation at Trail’s End
  • Accommodation at The Marine in Hermanus
  • Accommodation at Houw Hoek Hotel
  • And a BH bike worth R90 000!

I was under the impression that all prizes were lucky draws, with everyone in with a chance of winning. I do not see the point in some pro cyclists winning a pair of oakleys for the fastest strava segment time.

Just my 2c. Maybe I read the t&c wrong on the initial adds.

I was under the impression that all prizes were lucky draws, with everyone in with a chance of winning. I do not see the point in some pro cyclists winning a pair of oakleys for the fastest strava segment time.

I have to agree with you re the Pros. But it is what it is

From the original article these comments link to:

Each of the routes is between 20 and 25 kilometres long; all riders who complete any of the segments are in the running to win prizes, and random winners will be selected from the Strava Leaderboards. King and Queen of the Mountain prizes will be awarded to the fastest men and women for each segment too.

I'm sure Rosemary Hill was on this list, but now can't find it anywhere. It will have to be Northern Farms, then. Hope it's not too muddy after the recent torrential rain.

I'm sure Rosemary Hill was on this list, but now can't find it anywhere. It will have to be Northern Farms, then. Hope it's not too muddy after the recent torrential rain.

I saw a notification somewhere that the rosemary hill segment was closed, not sure why.

Did the Tygerberg segment this morning after riding Conties. Wow, I'm impressed with that KOM time ! My Garmin notified me the KOM was over I was still halfway up the last climb ????????.

I had to attempt it the one day in a while where the trails were actually busy, been a while since I ran into so many people, good to see, doubt traffic cost me a lot of time, at least not the 3 mins I would have needeed to get P2 !

Loved the ride this morning. Wasn't wasn't as flat as the promo suggested - great last minute training for Reitz BielieMielie next weekend.

Did the Tygerberg segment this morning after riding Conties. Wow, I'm impressed with that KOM time ! My Garmin notified me the KOM was over I was still halfway up the last climb .

I had to attempt it the one day in a while where the trails were actually busy, been a while since I ran into so many people, good to see, doubt traffic cost me a lot of time, at least not the 3 mins I would have needeed to get P2 !

That KOM time is crazy!

Don't forget to join the FNB Wines2Whales Strava club so your times show up in the leaderboards!

Did W2W already announce the winners of the Strava prices? Not sure if I missed it somehow?