gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Route announcement.

fd91595c30667f7bd911d51c023b08da.jpg

A couple of sprint days before we hit the mountains and then it kind of mixes up a bit after that. Looks good, looks tough as it always does. Here's to hoping it takes place at the scheduled time!

• 1 month later...

Just was listening to a podcast where they were talking about the potential line up for Ineos for TdF next year and it's frankly scary! 

- Bernal

- Yates

- Porte

- Martinez

- Carapaz

- Kwito

- Thomas

- Sivakov

Others

- Tao back to the Giro

- Dennis back to the Giro

- Gonna Back to the Giro

That leaves 

- Sosa
- Amador
- Pidcock
- De Plus

- Van Baarle
- Swift
- Rowe
- Rivera
- Narvaez
- Moscon
- S Henao
- Hayter
- Knees
- Golas
- Doull
- Dunbar
- Castroviejo
- Basso
- Puccio
- Moscon
- Rodriguez

Now I know they didn't really perform to their standards this year throughout the season and most of their wins came in the Giro (7) + GC, 2nd at the vuelta (for most teams would be the highlight) while Jumbo seemed to out muscle them at every turn. That said, that is a formidable line up coming into 2021. Of course there is no point having the strongest team if you don't have the strongest rider to round out the GC but if you were another GC rider looking take the top step of the Tour next year that line up might keep you up at night. 

Edited by Dirt Tracker

Just was listening to a podcast where they were talking about the potential line up for Ineos for TdF next year and it's frankly scary! 

- Bernal

- Yates

- Porte

- Martinez

- Carapaz

- Kwito

- Thomas

- Sivakov

Others

- Tao back to the Giro

- Dennis back to the Giro

- Gonna Back to the Giro

That leaves 

- Sosa

- Amador

- Pidcock

- De Plus

- Van Baarle

- Swift

- Rowe

- Rivera

- Narvaez

- Moscon

- S Henao

- Hayter

- Knees

- Golas

- Doull

- Dunbar

- Castroviejo

- Basso

- Puccio

- Moscon

- Rodriguez

Now I know they didn't really perform to their standards this year throughout the season and most of their wins came in the Giro (7) + GC, 2nd at the vuelta (for most teams would be the highlight) while Jumbo seemed to out muscle them at every turn. That said, that is a formidable line up coming into 2021. Of course there is no point having the strongest team if you don't have the strongest rider to round out the GC but if you were another GC rider looking take the top step of the Tour next year that line up might keep you up at night. 

doubt it will be that line - counted 5 GC contender riders with who as lead??? I think that line is the possible leaders they may or may not use depending on form.

doubt it will be that line - counted 5 GC contender riders with who as lead??? I think that line is the possible leaders they may or may not use depending on form.

I'd say out for that possible line up Bernal, Thomas and Carapaz would be leaders and the rest are support. Porte isn't going back to Ineos for leadership opps with that line up, Sivakov, Kwaito, Yates and Martinez will ride for the team this year with longer goals for them. 

Of the rest the same could be said about Amador and Sosa who are great prospects itching to go. If anything has been proven, Dave B (and now with Ellingworths return), they can manage mutiple leaders / talents in the same race way better than any other WT team. 

Either way, it's going to be a hell of a year. 

I'd say out for that possible line up Bernal, Thomas and Carapaz would be leaders and the rest are support. Porte isn't going back to Ineos for leadership opps with that line up, Sivakov, Kwaito, Yates and Martinez will ride for the team this year with longer goals for them. 

Of the rest the same could be said about Amador and Sosa who are great prospects itching to go. If anything has been proven, Dave B (and now with Ellingworths return), they can manage mutiple leaders / talents in the same race way better than any other WT team. 

Either way, it's going to be a hell of a year. 

I read that Yates was going to Ineos to focus on Monuments, spring classics and shorter races and was leaving the grand tours to those better suited for a while.... Who knows

I read that Yates was going to Ineos to focus on Monuments, spring classics and shorter races and was leaving the grand tours to those better suited for a while.... Who knows

Makes sense for him to focus on things like LBL and Lombardia but Ineos generally don't give to much love to anything other than the GTs and he must know he'll get pulled into the fray at some point soon and judging by his results in the tours he's going to ride as a super dom. Can't see him doing that much at MSR, Roubaix, Flanders with 58kgs pushing the pedals. He's got more than enough talent to shine in the week long races if he's taking a bit of time off from the big 3... but do Ineos lust after a couple more trophies from UAE Tour, Tirrano and Alps? From what I remember his GC wins were shorter WT races and a couple of 1 dayers. Will be interesting to see what role Dave and Rod have for him and what the development path is. 

Edited by Dirt Tracker

Makes sense for him to focus on things like LBL and Lombardia but Ineos generally don't give to much love to anything other than the GTs and he must know he'll get pulled into the fray at some point soon and judging by his results in the tours he's going to ride as a super dom. Can't see him doing that much at MSR, Roubaix, Flanders with 58kgs pushing the pedals. He's got more than enough talent to shine in the week long races if he's taking a bit of time off from the big 3... but do Ineos lust after a couple more trophies from UAE Tour, Tirrano and Alps? From what I remember his GC wins were shorter WT races and a couple of 1 dayers. Will be interesting to see what role Dave and Rod have for him and what the development path is. 

Yeah.. I was under the impression that the 'new look' Ineos was going to make more of a show at the classics.

It may be all smoke and mirrors but my understanding was that with the uncertainty of 3 weeks etc, they were going to make a play at the 1 day races and build a squad that can compete there AND still have at least 2 fresh GT squads.

It would be awesome to watch Kwiatowski have more of a go in Spring

It would be awesome to watch Kwiatowski have more of a go in Spring

100%! Shame yogi has been pushed into early retirement with the (alleged) focus on the classics. Can't see Pidcock hanging around if there isn't a program.  

100%! Shame yogi has been pushed into early retirement with the (alleged) focus on the classics. Can't see Pidcock hanging around if there isn't a program.  

Exactly... There seem to be a few signings that point to a proper Spring plan for them.

Don't tell anyone, but I look forward to the spring classics way more than I do the GTs.

That's proper balls deep racing of a different kind

Edited by Jewbacca

• 5 months later...

Some early pick of riders on my radar for this edition of le Tour

Bennett to win sprints
Sagan to not feature much (sorry Gen)
Lutsenko to give Ineos the heebie-jeebies
Uran to feature somewhere in the rarefied air
van Avermaet to try hard, but not beat others trying harder
Pog to live up to his billing and will have to sign lots of autographs. And leader's jerseys
Van Aert arrives a bit lighter after appendix surgery. I think he'll be slower because of it too. Bummer for him, his team and us
And van der Poel? Would love him to have yellow, even for just one day, but can't see it happening. Perhaps a few days in green which will ultimately be given to Michael Matthews?