Tour de France 2021

gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John what are the story on the ground regarding TdF and Covid ?

Our media reports of stronger covid regs in France .....

HOPE you guys get to complete your years work

30 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

I was listening to a podcast (can’t remember which one; may have been The Cycling Podcast). Anyway, they were talking to his Team QuickStep coach, and he knew Cavendish well, from his previous time at the team. He changed the way Cav trains, which has been different to how other teams’ coaches have done it. Seems to be working.

On 6/2/2021 at 5:44 PM, ChrisF said:

John what are the story on the ground regarding TdF and Covid ?

Our media reports of stronger covid regs in France .....

HOPE you guys get to complete your years work

The rules are pretty much the same as last year in terms of entering the team bubble, testing and so forth. it is really strict but it is also understandable. Again, like last year I see the Tour going ahead as per and there is no reason for it not to do so.

27 minutes ago, pedal menace said:

"I told him that I hope he wins three more World Championships, but the experience of racing the Tour in the rainbow jersey is unrepeatable for now. He'll go to France to do Alaphilippe-like things and you'll see that he will find himself in the general classification as well.

what a quote

29 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Hoeveel slapies? ????

Oh my. I only just looked.

Next week Wednesday is a public Holiday, so short week. And then it is just one full workweek after that before the Grand Depart! Going to have to burn some midnight oil to get ahead of things at work....

On 6/2/2021 at 4:15 PM, lechatnoir said:

Some early pick of riders on my radar for this edition of le Tour

Bennett to win sprints
Sagan to not feature much (sorry Gen)
Lutsenko to give Ineos the heebie-jeebies
Uran to feature somewhere in the rarefied air
van Avermaet to try hard, but not beat others trying harder
Pog to live up to his billing and will have to sign lots of autographs. And leader's jerseys
Van Aert arrives a bit lighter after appendix surgery. I think he'll be slower because of it too. Bummer for him, his team and us
And van der Poel? Would love him to have yellow, even for just one day, but can't see it happening. Perhaps a few days in green which will ultimately be given to Michael Matthews?

Removes ????person from Xmas card list ????

VDP is more likely to win green than Matthews.. We saw how Matthews tried to sprint against MVDP yesterday.. It will not end well for Bling vs MDP..but Matthews will win some bunch sprints for minor placings. 

Sags form was good at the Giro.. We will see... Took his foot of the gas the last week and basically just defended that means he will probably be at the TDF.. At least he didn't quit the Giro.. I also really don't even know what the goals are for the rest of the year.... I'm like Sags baby.. take it day by day????

Suppose only predictions can be made once teams are announced.. What are DQS goals for the TDF.. 

Edited by Gen

On 6/7/2021 at 2:23 PM, Vetplant said:

Oh my. I only just looked.

Next week Wednesday is a public Holiday, so short week. And then it is just one full workweek after that before the Grand Depart! Going to have to burn some midnight oil to get ahead of things at work....

Already.. Aye.. I haven't even fully recovered from the Giro. 

On 10/30/2020 at 8:01 PM, Frosty said:

Crosswinds on day 1 + The Mur on day 2 = Possible time gaps by the end of the first weekend.

Those first two days are going to be very fun to watch.

Allaphillipe, MvdP, WvA written all over these.

But, if UAE takes Diego Ulissi to Le Tour, I would put some money on him. He stuck with the climbers at Tour of Slovenia on stage 4 with 2.5km at 14% and packed a decent sprint at the finish line.

3km @ 5.7% to finish stage 1: 

d8326

Finish of 2km @  6.9% at 

743ad

#12slapies

40 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

But, if UAE takes Diego Ulissi to Le Tour, I would put some money on him. He stuck with the climbers at Tour of Slovenia on stage 4 with 2.5km at 14% and packed a decent sprint at the finish line.

d8326

Finish of 2km @  6.9% at 

743ad

#12slapies

Caleb Ewan.,.. he's shown he's more than decent on those punchy climbs and if he gets there with those 3, he's faster than them.

WVA had appendicitis recently, so it remains to be seen how he gets on. He's too good to leave out though. As for MVDP/JA, we know how that turns out

MVDP/Poulidor makes MVDP the sentimental favourite

5 hours ago, Vetplant said:

d8326

Finish of 2km @  6.9% at 

743ad

#12slapies

Team is all in for Tadej, there is no personal ambitions, results etc other than support for Tadej..