Tour de France 2021

gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a real pity that Nizzolo is not doing the TdF...imo he would have been the best (only) rider in the Qhubeka-Assos team to realistically challenge for a stage win. Maybe someone else can get lucky and win from a breakaway but in terms of quality Nizzolo stands out in that team. 

54 minutes ago, dsw said:

It is a real pity that Nizzolo is not doing the TdF...imo he would have been the best (only) rider in the Qhubeka-Assos team to realistically challenge for a stage win. Maybe someone else can get lucky and win from a breakaway but in terms of quality Nizzolo stands out in that team. 

I had the same feeling before the Giro, and they properly surprised us there. I’m hoping for more of the same at the Tour!

34 minutes ago, AccidentalGenius said:

I had the same feeling before the Giro, and they properly surprised us there. I’m hoping for more of the same at the Tour!

Lets hope so.. 

As they do not really have a GC contender ( or a sprinter to ride for) they will probably try their utmost to get as many as possible riders in breaks and I guess anything is possible then.

They do have classy riders such as Campenaers and Aru (on his day) so a stage victory is not impossible.

INEOS Grenadiers lineup for the 2021 Tour de France:

Richard Carapaz, Jonathan Castroviejo, Tao Geoghegan Hart, Michal Kwiatkowski, Richie Porte, Luke Rowe, Geraint Thomas, Dylan van Baarle.

No surprises or weaknesses here. 

37 minutes ago, dsw said:

Richard Carapaz, Jonathan Castroviejo, Tao Geoghegan Hart, Michal Kwiatkowski, Richie Porte, Luke Rowe, Geraint Thomas, Dylan van Baarle.

3 x GT winners, 1 x previous world champ, 1 x of the best 1 week stage racer/super doms in the previous(semi cuurrent) era and 2 x TT/Overall powerhouses.

That looks like one seriously strong team with a BUT..... It pangs of a Movistar 'pronged' team which just never worked.

Hopefully they have the right people riding with the right instructions who are happy to follow orders. It looks like the kind of squad who will win stages, light up the race as well as keep their 'leader' in the GC race.

I have enjoyed watching the 'new' Ineos race strategy over the last year. I do hope they stick to the recipe. 

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

3 x GT winners, 1 x previous world champ, 1 x of the best 1 week stage racer/super doms in the previous(semi cuurrent) era and 2 x TT/Overall powerhouses.

That looks like one seriously strong team with a BUT..... It pangs of a Movistar 'pronged' team which just never worked.

Hopefully they have the right people riding with the right instructions who are happy to follow orders. It looks like the kind of squad who will win stages, light up the race as well as keep their 'leader' in the GC race.

I have enjoyed watching the 'new' Ineos race strategy over the last year. I do hope they stick to the recipe. 

Richie said after his recent win he has no illusions as to his job at the tour 

now just like to hear the 3 GT winners comments 

properly stacked tour this year, should be a cracker 

5 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

Richie said after his recent win he has no illusions as to his job at the tour 

now just like to hear the 3 GT winners comments 

properly stacked tour this year, should be a cracker 

I do not think you will get much more than the usual " just as long as the winner comes from within the team"  or "the road will decide" from any of them. 

The course probably suits Geraint the best because of the time trials.

But yes, the tour should be a cracker..... I am certainly not going to predict the winner.

Whoever it is should however be from either Slovenia, Wales or Equador :)  

3 hours ago, dsw said:

There are no other words for it MSP that’s a strong team ????

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

That team was fine, it was Mr ‘Peaks 365 days a year, 15 years in a row’s lack of respect for his team that caused worse fallout than his own hair.

Edited by Patchelicious

My predictions:

Some said too much racing before last years tour cost Roglic the race, this year I think he’s done too little in the run up.

Sammy Ben has also been out a while and who knows what is going on with that knee, so I’m guessing that he won’t successfully defend the green.

Pogacar has looked pretty darn good at all his races and it’s his to lose.

20 hours ago, dsw said:

I do not think you will get much more than the usual " just as long as the winner comes from within the team"  or "the road will decide" from any of them. 

The course probably suits Geraint the best because of the time trials.

But yes, the tour should be a cracker..... I am certainly not going to predict the winner.

Whoever it is should however be from either Slovenia, Wales or Equador :)  

Tour is climbing heavy with TT’s so you need to be a very good climber at the higher altitudes and then be able to TT. The key to this Tour is producing 6.2wkg minimum and above for 20min + durations at 1850m minimum and above. 

10 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

Tour is climbing heavy with TT’s so you need to be a very good climber at the higher altitudes and then be able to TT. The key to this Tour is producing 6.2wkg minimum and above for 20min + durations at 1850m minimum and above. 

Hold my beer….