Tour de France 2021

gummibear

On 6/18/2021 at 6:17 PM, dsw said:

INEOS Grenadiers lineup for the 2021 Tour de France:

Richard Carapaz, Jonathan Castroviejo, Tao Geoghegan Hart, Michal Kwiatkowski, Richie Porte, Luke Rowe, Geraint Thomas, Dylan van Baarle.

No surprises or weaknesses here. 

I thought Rohan Dennis not being there was a bit of a surprise, he has been on the training camps, but I suppose the standard is super high and he has Olympic ambitions. Also hear rumors he may be switching to Jumbo Visma https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/rohan-dennis-to-join-jumbo-visma-from-ineos-grenadiers

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have temporarily re-activated my dstv just for the tour and for Wimbledon. With all the works stress, and the covid surge doom and gloom, i really need a pick me up, and I cant wait. I hope to watch as much of it as I can on the trainer.

18 hours ago, Sid the Sloth said:

I thought Rohan Dennis not being there was a bit of a surprise, he has been on the training camps, but I suppose the standard is super high and he has Olympic ambitions. Also hear rumors he may be switching to Jumbo Visma https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/rohan-dennis-to-join-jumbo-visma-from-ineos-grenadiers

Ditto - given that he has been super-helpful in pulling the train / leaders across the flats and up the hills, one would have thought he would be indispensable, but apparently not... how much that move has to do with it, who knows, but there is a history of guys not getting places if deals with other teams have been made (ie Calib)

10 hours ago, Harryn said:

I have temporarily re-activated my dstv just for the tour and for Wimbledon. With all the works stress, and the covid surge doom and gloom, i really need a pick me up, and I cant wait. I hope to watch as much of it as I can on the trainer.

Ditto

I'll do that later today

So stages 1 and 2 are both giving 50 points to the winner for points classification but are both uphill finishes so there isn't the 3km rule and the 3" protocol for mass sprints won't be applied.

GC guys are all going to want to be right up there with the sprinters till the line so to speak. Going to be chaotic but fun.

4 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

So stages 1 and 2 are both giving 50 points to the winner for points classification but are both uphill finishes so there isn't the 3km rule and the 3" protocol for mass sprints won't be applied.

GC guys are all going to want to be right up there with the sprinters till the line so to speak. Going to be chaotic but fun.

Stage one final climb:

spacer.png

Stage two final climb:

spacer.png

There will not be a pure sprinter left at the finish line. It looks like the Tour organisers want Alaphillippe to have the first yellow shirt this year. 

3 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Jalla or MvdP. 

Is Peak365 racing?

I thought va der Poel was focussing on Tokyo?

I would personally love to see Valverde in yellow one last time.

1 minute ago, TNT1 said:

I thought va der Poel was focussing on Tokyo?

I would personally love to see Valverde in yellow one last time.

I think he MvdP will be trying to get yellow on his back in honour of his granddad or uncle or some such. I am not sure if he will finish, but he is definitely going to start and be in the mix for stages like this.

I enjoy watching Valverde ride bikes. Seeing him in yellow at 41 would be rad.

Is GCN gooi-ing the Tour de France?

I’ve really been ongoing the coverage ???? 

5 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

As far as I know you will need a vpn to watch the tour on gcn.

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

Surely geo restrictions will apply and with the Mnet *$(*$% being the monopoly in SA, you won't be able to do GCN+

1 minute ago, Spinnekop said:

Surely geo restrictions will apply and with the Mnet *$(*$% being the monopoly in SA, you won't be able to do GCN+

Just use the same vpn you use for USA netflix. (and everything else...)