Tour de France 2021

gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Tour, I love the drama, the doping scandals, the racing... everything. This year has an all time field

If Mark Cavendish could win a stage and I can complete the Swartberg Grandfondo then my work here will be done and I will spend the rest of my time here on the couch eating niknaks, nougat and drinking beer reminiscing about 2021 without mentioning Corona, crime or state looting

After the last 18 months my dreams are smaller than they once were

6 hours ago, TNT1 said:

Stage one final climb:

spacer.png

Stage two final climb:

spacer.png

There will not be a pure sprinter left at the finish line. It looks like the Tour organisers want Alaphillippe to have the first yellow shirt this year. 

I reckon if MvDP takes stage 1 and wears yellow for a few days, He will walk away from the tour during week 2 a very happy man and rest well before the Olympics. Was very surprised to see him DNF at the Dutch National Road Champs, But it's DEFINITELY going to be a super exciting first few days.

Edited by FootballingCyclist

Just now, FootballingCyclist said:

I reckon if MvDP takes stage 1 and wears yellow for a few days, He will walk away from the tour during week 2 a very happy man and rest well before the Olympics. Was very surprised to see him DNF at the Belgian National Road Champs, But it's DEFINITELY going to be a super exciting first few days.

I guess if everyone is on the van der poel train, I'll suggest Wout gets the yellow shirt first up and warms it up nicely for Roglic to lose again.

10 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

I reckon if MvDP takes stage 1 and wears yellow for a few days, He will walk away from the tour during week 2 a very happy man and rest well before the Olympics. Was very surprised to see him DNF at the Belgian National Road Champs, But it's DEFINITELY going to be a super exciting first few days.

I would be too, see as he is Dutch....

(Sorry, someone was going to do it, might as well be me ;)  )

10 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

I guess if everyone is on the van der poel train, I'll suggest Wout gets the yellow shirt first up and warms it up nicely for Roglic to lose again.

I'll happily climb on the Wout train for stage 1 and/or Stage 2, taking yellow on either of these days.

Maybe they will split it. Day 1, MvdP. Day 2, WvA

8 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

I would be too, see as he is Dutch....

(Sorry, someone was going to do it, might as well be me ;)  )

????????????

Fixed, Duno what I was doing there.. LOL

The weather will be a factor in the region, will have to select a rider who will overcome those obstacles...am yet to throw my hat into the ring, but my choice is not VDP!

With Sam out and Mark in, the team will be under pressure to get results. The first week is pretty much a Classics feel, so will be hard on the riders from the get go! Expect fire works! There is no soft start, it’s basically riding a Classic everyday! Mark will have to survive this new style route layout. 

Edited by betaboy
Sentence structure