Tour de France 2021

gummibear

3 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Stay safe, G. 

I wasn’t in contact with them, as I work from home 3 days a week and when I do go in, it’s visual management (seeing how they have performed). So it’s not exposure-based self-isolation but rather preventative care where the company doesn’t want Management to be at risk.

Was hoping I could “work from home” for most of July, but week 3 is unknown if I’ll be at home or at the office. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

Impey is very injured after his crash, hence no call up. 

Any clarity as to the extent of his injuries? Hopefully nothing too serious?

I haven't seen anything in the media since the crash so was wondering what he'd injured.

11 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Join me in the league now no.12520 : BIKE HUB FANTASY TOUR
By clicking on this link : https://fantasybytissot.letour.fr/#welcome/register/?parrain=c6mtosz&ligue=12520

I see the Fantasy League is open again, our Pool from last year is already there. Please use the link provided to join, I get some game credits... Then, post a link yourself for the next set of people to join etc...

It's like these Multi Level Marketing incentive schemes ;)

Am game! ????

If only I could gain access, keeps telling me to click on lick sent To email? Am part of the club but can’t get into preparing team? ????

No. Words. Can. Describe. How. I. Feel.

I will do absolutely everything to honour #thewolfpack boys, the @deceuninck_qst jersey and the greatest race on the planet @LeTour.

Big boots to fill for @Sammmy_Be. Can everybody join me in sending him positive vibes please ????????

@MarkCavendish

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

No. Words. Can. Describe. How. I. Feel.

I will do absolutely everything to honour #thewolfpack boys, the @deceuninck_qst jersey and the greatest race on the planet @LeTour.

Big boots to fill for @Sammmy_Be. Can everybody join me in sending him positive vibes please ????????

@MarkCavendish

doing it for the kids on bicycles didn't seem to make him that much faster, let's see how this one goes.

16 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Join me in the league now no.12520 : BIKE HUB FANTASY TOUR
By clicking on this link : https://fantasybytissot.letour.fr/#welcome/register/?parrain=c6mtosz&ligue=12520

I see the Fantasy League is open again, our Pool from last year is already there. Please use the link provided to join, I get some game credits... Then, post a link yourself for the next set of people to join etc...

It's like these Multi Level Marketing incentive schemes ;)

as there are many flavours of this. the most interactive one is probably the PCS one. you've got a budget and you improve by buy low, sell high your squad or from riders winning prizemoney

you can play all season:

https://www.procyclinggame.com

of just for Le Tour

https://grandtour.procyclinggame.com/index.php

Simon Yates starting for BikeExchange after a good result in the Giro and Ruben Guerreiro for EF. Both will be in the mix for mountain stage wins.

on the sprinters note, Demare, Ewan, Colbrelli who's turned over a new leaf on punchier stages, Pedersen, Merlier, Coquard (dark horse) and everyone's favourite hooligan, Bouhanni. May as well throw Pog into the sprinters hat as well it'd seem.

after his great showing @Strade, I'm keen to see what Gogl will manage.

weather looking bleak over the weekend and into next week here for excellent viewing. Excitement builds

35 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

Simon Yates starting for BikeExchange after a good result in the Giro and Ruben Guerreiro for EF. Both will be in the mix for mountain stage wins.

on the sprinters note, Demare, Ewan, Colbrelli who's turned over a new leaf on punchier stages, Pedersen, Merlier, Coquard (dark horse) and everyone's favourite hooligan, Bouhanni. May as well throw Pog into the sprinters hat as well it'd seem.

after his great showing @Strade, I'm keen to see what Gogl will manage.

weather looking bleak over the weekend and into next week here for excellent viewing. Excitement builds

Hoping for Qhubeka that Gogl can surprise with a good result on one of these early "Classics" stages. Dlamini might spring a surprise and go for the early KoM points to steal the jersey for a day.

On 6/21/2021 at 3:46 PM, FootballingCyclist said:

I reckon if MvDP takes stage 1 and wears yellow for a few days, He will walk away from the tour during week 2 a very happy man and rest well before the Olympics. Was very surprised to see him DNF at the Dutch National Road Champs, But it's DEFINITELY going to be a super exciting first few days.

mvdp got outplayed by JV team at nationals. 

Edited by Ossie NL

58 minutes ago, Ossie NL said:

mvdp got outplayed by JV team at nationals. 

GCN did a similar thing on Zwift with a pair of riders vs Jens Voigt after he retired. They beat him by one of them attacking, and the other sitting on while he had to chase, then when he tired, the following guy attacked and dropped Jensie. All kinds of questions here, but the premise is the same.

Look for something similar to happen in TdF with the Pog/Rog machine sitting on Ineos, then riding Thomas off their wheels when the other have blown. or some such thing. perhaps me just being hopeful?

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

Dlamini might spring a surprise and go for the early KoM points to steal the jersey for a day.

I like the guy and I hope he does well, but I suspect he won’t. Hope he proves me wrong.

2 minutes ago, Patchelicious said:

I like the guy and I hope he does well, but I suspect he won’t. Hope he proves me wrong.

True.

I have zero idea on what kind of level he is with his fitness. He got the KoM jersey at Tour Down Under a couple of years ago, so my hope is purely based on that and the fact that Team DD was able to get the polka dot jersey for a day or two in the past.

On 6/17/2021 at 8:00 AM, betaboy said:

Digging the guy with the TVM jersey! If you can remember any rider from that team, you are a true fan! My pick would be Phil Anderson, there was a Russian who had great results? Anybody....? ????

I can do you three in thirtu seconds Geert Van Bondt Jeroen Blijlevens and Pete van Petegem thats 100% sure