Tour de France 2021

gummibear

Don't forget Woutkop  for the sprints (I assume he is riding and recovered from his appendix drama)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, kosmonooit said:

Don't forget Woutkop  for the sprints (I assume he is riding and recovered from his appendix drama)

People keep on telling me he won't be sprinting, as it is all hands on deck for Roglic. But I still think stage 1 and 2 is just too perfect for him for them to not allow him to go for it. The other 6 JV riders should be enough to keep Roglic safe. 

4 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Dlamini might spring a surprise and go for the early KoM points to steal the jersey for a day.

there is going to be some #$$%% to get into these breaks. this tour will be watchable from the first flag drop

stage 1

tour-de-france-2021-stage-1-profile-4ddf622e3a.jpg

stage 2

tour-de-france-2021-stage-2-profile-219738c648.jpg

3 hours ago, Vetplant said:

True.

I have zero idea on what kind of level he is with his fitness. He got the KoM jersey at Tour Down Under a couple of years ago, so my hope is purely based on that and the fact that Team DD was able to get the polka dot jersey for a day or two in the past.

This year will be challenging, not so much the amounting climbing more on where they placed! I think you might see some good all rounders even contesting... my humble opinion of course.

btw:,are you in at the fantasy league?

I keep getting the menu that a link has been sent amd then we do it all over again? Haven’t had a chance to assemble my soldiers ????

36 minutes ago, betaboy said:

This year will be challenging, not so much the amounting climbing more on where they placed! I think you might see some good all rounders even contesting... my humble opinion of course.

btw:,are you in at the fantasy league?

I keep getting the menu that a link has been sent amd then we do it all over again? Haven’t had a chance to assemble my soldiers ????

Yeah, I had no idea problems. Maybe try joining the TDF club first before trying the link. That part was a bit different than last year. 

????

Peloton averages - 184 riders | #TDF2021 

Height: 181 cm
Weight: 69.3 kg

Source: @ProCyclingStats

1 hour ago, lazlofuze@gmail.com said:

let’s get this going guys, only a few of us in this group, let’s add some more players... otherwise the few that are there will be forced to ride the gutter????????????
Join me in the league now no.12520 : BIKE HUB FANTASY TOUR
By clicking on this link : https://fantasybytissot.letour.fr/#welcome/register/?parrain=tqz4pda&ligue=12520

cool bro. according to your profile you've been a member here since 1970 and have got 6 posts in that time.

there's about 10 different fantasy options out there. if this one isn't busy, there's a reason for it

19 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

GCN did a similar thing on Zwift with a pair of riders vs Jens Voigt after he retired. They beat him by one of them attacking, and the other sitting on while he had to chase, then when he tired, the following guy attacked and dropped Jensie. All kinds of questions here, but the premise is the same.

Look for something similar to happen in TdF with the Pog/Rog machine sitting on Ineos, then riding Thomas off their wheels when the other have blown. or some such thing. perhaps me just being hopeful?

With you on this. Ineos by far the strongest team in terms of depth but the Slovenians the strongest individuals in my view. So an battle between team and individual class.

Pogacar is not gonna get the freedom he got last year (at least initially) so suspect he and Roglic will be stuck to Ineos wheels and will have to decide who to chase and who to let go ...that's not easy with the depth of the Ineos team with 4 potential winners.

There is a case for the two Slovenians to work together but that's also dicey

Looking forward  to seeing it all unfold

1 hour ago, Ossie NL said:

With you on this. Ineos by far the strongest team in terms of depth but the Slovenians the strongest individuals in my view. So an battle between team and individual class.

Pogacar is not gonna get the freedom he got last year (at least initially) so suspect he and Roglic will be stuck to Ineos wheels and will have to decide who to chase and who to let go ...that's not easy with the depth of the Ineos team with 4 potential winners.

There is a case for the two Slovenians to work together but that's also dicey

Looking forward  to seeing it all unfold

Got to be honest I kind of disagree with you on the strength of both JV and UAE. I think they're stronger than most perceive them to be but obviously not as strong as Ineos. Ineos has the problem of how to balance the ambitions of such a strong group of potential leaders and that could very much work in the favour of both teams with a Slovenian in it. Will the friendlies work together or not? I think it likely but only to the point where they neutralise any other threat to them and then it's race on I reckon. Basically this will be one very very interesting battle for Yellow. I reckon Pogacar will take the win but it'll be one helluva ride. 

Stage 1 Prediction is MVDP. 

12 hours ago, Shebeen said:

cool bro. according to your profile you've been a member here since 1970 and have got 6 posts in that time.

there's about 10 different fantasy options out there. if this one isn't busy, there's a reason for it

Yes, with my login, if I use my email address for some reason it does not link up with my actual profile. If I use my user name then all is good. It’s a gremlin in the system. So sometimes am forced to go in with the less used, if this makes senses? 
you don’t seem to rate the official fantasy from TDF?

2 minutes ago, Mntboy said:

Got to be honest I kind of disagree with you on the strength of both JV and UAE. I think they're stronger than most perceive them to be but obviously not as strong as Ineos. Ineos has the problem of how to balance the ambitions of such a strong group of potential leaders and that could very much work in the favour of both teams with a Slovenian in it. Will the friendlies work together or not? I think it likely but only to the point where they neutralise any other threat to them and then it's race on I reckon. Basically this will be one very very interesting battle for Yellow. I reckon Pogacar will take the win but it'll be one helluva ride

Stage 1 Prediction is MVDP. 

Yes 

and 

Yes. But the Veteran rider in the bunch might surprise here. With a Stage Win at the Dauphine, he still has the kick required.

7 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Yes 

and 

Yes. But the Veteran rider in the bunch might surprise here. With a Stage Win at the Dauphine, he still has the kick required.

It depends on which veteran you're referring to. The Brit or the Spaniard? I'd be happy if G had a good performance a whole lot less so if Mr Peaks 365 has a good one.