Tour de France 2021

gummibear

1 minute ago, Mntboy said:

It depends on which veteran you're referring to. The Brit or the Spaniard? I'd be happy if G had a good performance a whole lot less so if Mr Peaks 365 has a good one. 

Unfortunately for you I am not talking about Gee... but you never know, he might go long like he did at the Dauphine and hold them off.

To be honest, there are so many options on day 1. But it is hard to look past MvdP as the favourite.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Unfortunately for you I am not talking about Gee... but you never know, he might go long like he did at the Dauphine and hold them off.

To be honest, there are so many options on day 1. But it is hard to look past MvdP as the favourite.

MVDP will be all out to collect as many stage wins as possible in week 1 (or for the first 10 days) as it seems he has already pre abandoned after that... probably go out out to wear all the jerseys he possibly can ????

4 minutes ago, Gen said:

MVDP will be all out to collect as many stage wins as possible in week 1 (or for the first 10 days) as it seems he has already pre abandoned after that... probably go out out to wear all the jerseys he possibly can ????

Easy strat for Alpecin Fenix: Give MvdP the "all clear" to go for stage 1 and 2. But then they seem very willing for him to lead out Tim Merlier in the sprints. I can see Alpecin Fenix having a very realistic chance of wins on the first 6 Stages.

DQS will obviously have something to say about that with Allaphillipe and Cavendish respectively.

Can't WAIT!

Twee slapies!

I don't get all the Valverde hate.

That Italian that finished second in the Giro also served a doping ban, and y'all lick his behind. 

Edited by TNT1

7 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Easy strat for Alpecin Fenix: Give MvdP the "all clear" to go for stage 1 and 2. But then they seem very willing for him to lead out Tim Merlier in the sprints. I can see Alpecin Fenix having a very realistic chance of wins on the first 6 Stages.

DQS will obviously have something to say about that with Allaphillipe and Cavendish respectively.

Can't WAIT!

Twee slapies!

Rainbow jersey has a few challenges
- Riders he can swerve in front of (relegation)
- Getting nosh and drinks in the wrong place (relegation)
- Motos he can ride into (potential DNF)
- MVDP's wattage

Basically, the one-man clown-circus has his work cut out

50 minutes ago, lazlofuze@gmail.com said:

Yes, with my login, if I use my email address for some reason it does not link up with my actual profile. If I use my user name then all is good. It’s a gremlin in the system. So sometimes am forced to go in with the less used, if this makes senses? 
you don’t seem to rate the official fantasy from TDF?

dunno. never done it, assume they are new in the game. but hey let's list them shall we

Bikehub fantasy - great prizes, hosted here and works well - just wait for 2022

Superbru - tried and tested, across many different sports - great league component

Procyclingtips - easy peesy single day tip - for the lazy out thetre

Procyclinggame - probably the best and most realistic one. you need to be ON YOUR game 24/7 if you want to do well as prices drop faster than caleb ewan from the peleton on an Alpine cat2

the are others out there too, but ja well no fine.

12 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

I don't get all the Valverde hate.

That Italian that finished second in the Giro also served a doping ban, and y'all lick his behind. 

he didn't actually serve a ban, and the numbers:

129 career wins vs 3

image.png.3f10f1f75c1a06f95782207d43734a33.png

Valverde for me is an incredible guy at his age to be mixing it with the new wave of talent, look his been a naughty boy in the past, and my first question was that performance at worlds in Hamilton. I think his grown as an athlete and accepted his limitations, his a clever guy who can read the races.  I really want his team to win the overall team competition again!

1 hour ago, coppi said:

He has a name.........Damiano Caruso ( or was that too difficult to remember )

Couldn't recall it at the time. I knew it was some EyeTie bloke...

2 hours ago, Shebeen said:

he didn't actually serve a ban, and the numbers:

129 career wins vs 3

image.png.3f10f1f75c1a06f95782207d43734a33.png

Is that PCS his world ranking? If it is, amazing to think the media thought he's past his best and he still managed 22nd. 

My annual wish:

I hope all GC contenders are fit, stay upright and they all make it to Paris in their best possible form, without losing time for non race-tactic incidents, eg. held up in crash, or crash as a result of someone else's stupidity.

Bring on the crosswinds and rider's errors in judgment, like not paying attention to their positioning on a final climb, etc.
Do bonus seconds count this year? Haven't looked. Hope they do and they all race each other for those precious seconds.

Should be a good Tour, on paper, let's hope it lives up to it on the road.

You guys also getting absolute silence except for the voice of the commentator? 

Watching on SUPERSPORT. 

4 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

You guys also getting absolute silence except for the voice of the commentator? 

Watching on SUPERSPORT. 

No, working fine. Also on Supersport.