Tour de France 2021

gummibear

7 hours ago, YaseenEnos said:

i would love me a pair of blue tires for road and MTB 

They should have gone blue at the back as well

I ran blue tires on 2006! Way ahead of the curve! ????????????

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Of course @vetplant more importantly, will there be echelons ????

Just a wet finish line to make things interesting ????????????

On 6/21/2021 at 10:26 AM, 'Dale said:

Is GCN gooi-ing the Tour de France?

I’ve really been ongoing the coverage ???? 

yes. but no coverage in SA.  hear VPN suggestion flying around though

Lantern Rouge is seeing something suspicious in the way that WvA and Jumbo Visma are talking about his role in the team. 

I like the theory that they can let him go up the road and gain some time on the GC favourites in the first week, think Alaphillipe 2019. Except, now you have Roglic who can sit back and follow anything that Ineos or UAE try and do to claw back time. 

Fringe tactic for sure, but will be great fun if they try it. 

Head says they won't even consider it. WvA might just be seriously keen on the Olympics and his head might just already be focusing on that. 

8 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Lantern Rouge is seeing something suspicious in the way that WvA and Jumbo Visma are talking about his role in the team. 

I like the theory that they can let him go up the road and gain some time on the GC favourites in the first week, think Alaphillipe 2019. Except, now you have Roglic who can sit back and follow anything that Ineos or UAE try and do to claw back time. 

Fringe tactic for sure, but will be great fun if they try it. 

Head says they won't even consider it. WvA might just be seriously keen on the Olympics and his head might just already be focusing on that. 

I'm done even trying to think about who might do what.

We will see soon enough! Time to sit back and enjoy the show

Almost time, and as predicted the weather will play its part, this crazy stage will have all teams on high alert, will be almost impossible to call on tactics but beware, there will be fireworks on this first stage, as it’s really more of a “Classics” route!

Cannot wait.... enjoy the show guys!????

1 minute ago, 'Dale said:

Fire is lit, coffee made, watching La Course on Gee See En Plus 

Ladies are going to bring it! 

Great curtain raiser to show us what the boys will take on later. 

Spoilt! 

I see a lot of peeps on the Superbru groups I’m in, are picking pure sprinters for today’s stage winner, eg. Cav, Caleb, etc.

Do they know something I don’t. 3Km @ 5.4% average with a bit of the steeper stuff in that, at close to 3m peak power effort. I can’t see these thoroughbreds keeping up with the likes of the Punchers

10 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I see a lot of peeps on the Superbru groups I’m in, are picking pure sprinters for today’s stage winner, eg. Cav, Caleb, etc.

Do they know something I don’t. 3Km @ 5.4% average with a bit of the steeper stuff in that, at close to 3m peak power effort. I can’t see these thoroughbreds keeping up with the likes of the Punchers

Cant see other winners than top 3, van der Poel, WVA and JA.

Going to punt Valgren!

16 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Caleb might surprise, he has been climbing decently(for a Sprinter). But Cav, no ways. 

That climb starts with 10% odd section. This is where the punchers will need to drop the fast boys. Rog and Pog going to be right there in the fight for the Win if they all arrive together at the bottom of the finishing climb. 

Edited by Vetplant

12 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Cant see other winners than top 3, van der Poel, WVA and JA.

Going to punt Valgren!

I wonder if the weather will effect MVDP? After the world champs a few years ago, I always doubt him in the cold/wet, but that's probably unfounded seen as he's spent his life doing cyclocross in crap weather. 

My guess though is that the last climb will come down to positioning, and that tips the scale towards WVA or JA imho.