Tour de France 2021

gummibear

GC Headline - Sauce: Cyclingnews

Yoh yoh yoh

Brandon McNulty lost 6:57 and Michael Woods came in 8:49 down. Chris Froome was 14:37 down, while Sepp Kuss conceded 16:29. 

Richie Porte (Ineos) lost 2:16, Simon Yates lost 3:17 and Alejandro Valverde lost 5:33.

Miguel Angel Lopez (Movistar), Guillaume Martin (Cofidis) and Steven Kruijswijk (Jumbo-Visma) all lost 1:49.

Edited by 'Dale

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

I’d kill to know what her signs message said....

A couple of translations have already been given. LOL 

20210626_173720.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Called it:

That you did. 

What seems interesting was the interaction between the friendlies aka Pog and Rog, marking each other to the point of not working together. However both looked comfy and in good shape. 

8 minutes ago, Mntboy said:

That you did. 

What seems interesting was the interaction between the friendlies aka Pog and Rog, marking each other to the point of not working together. However both looked comfy and in good shape. 

You can't win the tour on day 1, but you can lose it.... 

Edited by Mountain Bru
I forgot the difference between loose and lose

9 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

GC Headline - Sauce: Cyclingnews

Yoh yoh yoh

Brandon McNulty lost 6:57 and Michael Woods came in 8:49 down. Chris Froome was 14:37 down, while Sepp Kuss conceded 16:29. 

Richie Porte (Ineos) lost 2:16, Simon Yates lost 3:17 and Alejandro Valverde lost 5:33.

Miguel Angel Lopez (Movistar), Guillaume Martin (Cofidis) and Steven Kruijswijk (Jumbo-Visma) all lost 1:49.

That is unfortunate! Never want to see time losses due to a crash 

1 minute ago, Mountain Bru said:

You can't win the tour on day 1, but you can loose it.... 

Please, I know i'm being pedantic, but can you remove an 'o'?

It's so true, but righty tighty lefty loosey..... To lose something is not the same.

Sorry... As bad as calling a bidon a bottle!!!! ????

31 minutes ago, DIPSLICK said:

Man that crash who was the rider on the right flipping in the air????????

I thought it was a ISN rider, maybe the Gorilla? 

1 minute ago, Jewbacca said:

Please, I know i'm being pedantic, but can you remove an 'o'?

It's so true, but righty tighty lefty loosey..... To lose something is not the same.

Sorry... As bad as calling a bidon a bottle!!!! ????

Done. Can't even claim it's because English isn't my first language ????‍♂️ 

6 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

That is unfortunate! Never want to see time losses due to a crash 

Such a ridiculous crash. When there's a touch of wheels or someone slides out on a wet corner, I kind of see it as part of the race and the reason why you need to stay in the front of the pack to stay safe. But I hate seeing spectators influence the race. Reminds me of when Nibali crashed on Alpe D'Huez because his handlebar got caught on a spectators camera strap. In my mind, it's the difference between a rugby player getting injured in a tackle vs getting injured because a spectator ran on the field and clubbed him with a bat. 

1 minute ago, Mountain Bru said:

Such a ridiculous crash. When there's a touch of wheels or someone slides out on a wet corner, I kind of see it as part of the race and the reason why you need to stay in the front of the pack to stay safe. But I hate seeing spectators influence the race. Reminds me of when Nibali crashed on Alpe D'Huez because his handlebar got caught on a spectators camera strap. In my mind, it's the difference between a rugby player getting injured in a tackle vs getting injured because a spectator ran on the field and clubbed him with a bat. 

I think most of these GC time losses are linked to the 2nd crash, which seemed to be from a touch of wheels. 

(I'm happy to be corrected, basing this only on live images) 

7 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

I think most of these GC time losses are linked to the 2nd crash, which seemed to be from a touch of wheels. 

i think most, if not all, of those caught in the first crash had made it back. some to crash again... 

6 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Yip. Luckily that crash didn't result in losses for the GC guys. But I think it's what caused the guy from DSM to abandon.