Tour de France 2021

gummibear

Disappointed for Louis behalf.

He is not the worst of the gc riders, around 2:16 down.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Years, months, sweat, tears, millions of € spent in planning, preparation and a spectator can cause injury, wreck race results, hopes and possibly sponsorship deals and salaries. *If Kuss wanted a top 10 on his CV from this race that’s pretty unlikely now, how will Tony’s injuries affect the Jumbo train?

Causing crashes or pushing riders along etc just continues to affect the riders, and they call themselves supporters.

Something will need to be done soon enough.

Edited by The Ghost

1 hour ago, Maniax said:

so effectively the tdf gc is between the slovenians and Thomas.

Carapaz is right there also. 13s down. Ineos is sitting perfectly with the 2 GC options. 

20 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

35 riders were assessed at the medical center after the stage. It was real carnage 

What is your damage report like in the team? 

McNulty and Hirshi OK? 

Israel Startup Nation had a shocker today. Woods lost 9 minutes, Dan Martin 5 and half. Froomey looked really banged up, might not start tomorrow. GC hopes for them are pretty much done. Woods must have a good chance for a stage win or 2 going forward though. 

5 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

What is your damage report like in the team? 

McNulty and Hirshi OK? 

I read on Twitter that Marc has a 'seperated shoulder' and they'll assess in the morning if he can continue

1 hour ago, J Wakefield said:

Carapaz is right there also. 13s down. Ineos is sitting perfectly with the 2 GC options. 

ah I didnt see him.  thats great.

1 hour ago, Maniax said:

ah I didnt see him.  thats great.

what a stage, that finish was really a nasty sting, am upset that it took a road side observer (not using the word Fan as that would be too kind)to try get some TV time instead of actually watching the event. Now that’s turned several teams to plan B’s. Some might call it a day if you don’t heal up. Some hard bruises and aches to take to Paris! I called it with the French, so am pleased! Tomorrow however is harder to make a prediction.

Everyone is oh Froome not looking good, but let’s be honest, what exactly were they expecting from the poor guy? I think he needs to elevate his career. It’s been 18 months and as much as his got back, a certain level of acceptance has to prevail. I personally think it’s time to close shop on an incredible career! Am just hoping M Woods can still do something for the team. This first week of the tour is brutal... we could see some early retirements.

8 hours ago, betaboy said:

Everyone is oh Froome not looking good, but let’s be honest, what exactly were they expecting from the poor guy?

Everybody likes a comeback story.!

I don't think anybody was expecting any kind of heroic results, but given the road traveled, I think many would have been hopeing that he has a good ride/3 weeks in his role as road captain.

15 minutes ago, Thomo said:

Everybody likes a comeback story.!

I don't think anybody was expecting any kind of heroic results, but given the road traveled, I think many would have been hopeing that he has a good ride/3 weeks in his role as road captain.

8 hours ago, betaboy said:

what a stage, that finish was really a nasty sting, am upset that it took a road side observer (not using the word Fan as that would be too kind)to try get some TV time instead of actually watching the event. Now that’s turned several teams to plan B’s. Some might call it a day if you don’t heal up. Some hard bruises and aches to take to Paris! I called it with the French, so am pleased! Tomorrow however is harder to make a prediction.

Everyone is oh Froome not looking good, but let’s be honest, what exactly were they expecting from the poor guy? I think he needs to elevate his career. It’s been 18 months and as much as his got back, a certain level of acceptance has to prevail. I personally think it’s time to close shop on an incredible career! Am just hoping M Woods can still do something for the team. This first week of the tour is brutal... we could see some early retirements.

Edited by Wayne pudding Mol
Right response wrong place

We all know Froome isn’t up to scratch and may never  get there

But this time he was not dropped and he probably would have lost several seconds or maybe a minute up to the finish 

Instead a guy who had worked 2 years to get to the start of the tour had his worse fears realised when he and his semi titanium body was involved in a massive crash 

Part of racing but not his fault and it was sad and horrible to see him come in shaking like that

The fact that he got up and crossed the line put him on equal footing to JA to in my eyes as the champions of day 1

14 hours ago, 'Dale said:

GC Headline - Sauce: Cyclingnews

Yoh yoh yoh

Brandon McNulty lost 6:57 and Michael Woods came in 8:49 down. Chris Froome was 14:37 down, while Sepp Kuss conceded 16:29. 

Richie Porte (Ineos) lost 2:16, Simon Yates lost 3:17 and Alejandro Valverde lost 5:33.

Miguel Angel Lopez (Movistar), Guillaume Martin (Cofidis) and Steven Kruijswijk (Jumbo-Visma) all lost 1:49.

This is very sad, some serious riders/contenders are now on the back foot big time.

I don't think any of the real favourites lost time yesterday. Woods being 8 minutes down now has some free reign to get into some breaks or attack late for stage wins without being marked. Sepp Kuss is there to work for Roglic. Time doesn't matter.

Yesterday was really difficult for me to watch. Having hit the deck less than a year ago at 60kph ish I still can't bear to watch guys slamming the tar like that. I am really sad for Froomie. I wasn't expecting him to be anywhere near the pointy end of the race, but it would have been awesome to see him get to Paris. 

The context of the race hasn't really changed, it's just made way more dramatic by how yesterday unfolded.

One thing guys don't consider are the mental jitters one gets after going down at speed. There will be some very nervous wheels in the peleton over the next 3 weeks which might result in a few more whoopsies. Trauma is real

Jalla showing great legs. I really enjoyed that. After a disappointing Giro, The Wolf Pack started the TDF perfectly