Tour de France 2021

gummibear

18 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

...............One thing guys don't consider are the mental jitters one gets after going down at speed. There will be some very nervous wheels in the peleton over the next 3 weeks which might result in a few more whoopsies. Trauma is real....................

Yes! Professional or not, a crash makes you nervous. I've had a bad one 2 years ago and I still avoid groups I don't know. Just as well I'm not riding the TdF

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I don't think any of the real favourites lost time yesterday. Woods being 8 minutes down now has some free reign to get into some breaks or attack late for stage wins without being marked. Sepp Kuss is there to work for Roglic. Time doesn't matter.

Yesterday was really difficult for me to watch. Having hit the deck less than a year ago at 60kph ish I still can't bear to watch guys slamming the tar like that. I am really sad for Froomie. I wasn't expecting him to be anywhere near the pointy end of the race, but it would have been awesome to see him get to Paris. 

The context of the race hasn't really changed, it's just made way more dramatic by how yesterday unfolded.

One thing guys don't consider are the mental jitters one gets after going down at speed. There will be some very nervous wheels in the peleton over the next 3 weeks which might result in a few more whoopsies. Trauma is real

Jalla showing great legs. I really enjoyed that. After a disappointing Giro, The Wolf Pack started the TDF perfectly

Good news is he is starting today's stage

MvdP and WvA might want to enact revenge today, but the Frenchman has the serious kick required on the steep stuff to leave them behind. 

Going to be fun to see them fight ????

Ineos Grenadiers went from 4 to 2 GC winning options - that would've left some tears on Dave's pillow last night.

Pic: Getty Sport Imagesspacer.png

Edited by 'Dale

53 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Ineos Grenadiers went from 4 to 2 GC winning options - that would've left some tears on Dave's pillow last night.

Pic: Getty Sport Imagesspacer.png

If anyone really believes that Ineos will "let the road decide" on who their GC rider is for the Tour then you have just started to watch cycling. 

Its Ineos they know very well who is there to do what and the riders know exactly what their roll is. 

2 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

If anyone really believes that Ineos will "let the road decide" on who their GC rider is for the Tour then you have just started to watch cycling. 

Its Ineos they know very well who is there to do what and the riders know exactly what their roll is. 

It was a cheeky comment. I see Carapaz (warrior in the mountains) and Gee (advantage in the race of truth over roughly 60 kms) as the co leaders for Ineos.

4 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

On the fashion front it would appear white socks and white shoes are in, our very own 'dale as always on point! 

They never go out of fashion.My Spez white shoes deperately need a cleen

3 minutes ago, Kranswurm said:

They never go out of fashion.My Spez white shoes deperately need a cleen

Maybe I'm just a bloody klutz but I can't keep mine clean or scuff free... Hardly ride with them anymore

Just now, NotSoBigBen said:

Maybe I'm just a bloody klutz but I can't keep mine clean or scuff free... Hardly ride with them anymore

Yah but such a comfy fit.

15 hours ago, betaboy said:

what a stage, that finish was really a nasty sting, am upset that it took a road side observer (not using the word Fan as that would be too kind)to try get some TV time instead of actually watching the event. Now that’s turned several teams to plan B’s. Some might call it a day if you don’t heal up. Some hard bruises and aches to take to Paris! I called it with the French, so am pleased! Tomorrow however is harder to make a prediction.

Everyone is oh Froome not looking good, but let’s be honest, what exactly were they expecting from the poor guy? I think he needs to elevate his career. It’s been 18 months and as much as his got back, a certain level of acceptance has to prevail. I personally think it’s time to close shop on an incredible career! Am just hoping M Woods can still do something for the team. This first week of the tour is brutal... we could see some early retirements.

How about you crash your bike into a wall at 60km/h and see how you fair. After that we see how well you......oh wait. You aren't anywhere. How many yellow yerseys do you have?

21 minutes ago, MonsterMan said:

How about you crash your bike into a wall at 60km/h and see how you fair. After that we see how well you......oh wait. You aren't anywhere. How many yellow yerseys do you have?

That escalated quickly…