Tour de France 2021

gummibear

23 minutes ago, Knersboy said:

This made my day. Where are the “it’s only the tour of Turkey” naysayers now. 

They're all wondering how Cav would have faired if Ewan and Bennet were in the field

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The internet is on my side - I believed he could do it at a time he probably couldn’t but I just love his passion for riding a bike

his gratitude to the team for giving him a chance and his teammates for believing was there for us all to see 

He beat everyone that is there and win 31 took a while but it’s on the books - now the green jersey would crown off a special career but now I’m just being greedy

hincapie will be happy and old man Pat just keeps reminding us what a wily old fox he is 

stuff like this is why I ride a bike - guys from these new balls to the wall young guns to the comeback kings just make me wanna roll 

So, moving day in the TT tomorrow. 

Wout and Tadej probably most likely to move into Yellow at the end of the stage. 

Pretty sure MvdP will give it his all to wear it one more day, but I fear it won't be enough. 

The World Champion has a proper TT too, so might just nick it. Remember that TT into Pau... 

If Tadej moves into Yellow it might be too early, but he won't hold any punches. UAE will just hope some strong classics riders go up the road and take Yellow away for a couple of days until they reach the mountains. 

If you think about it both Patrick Lefevere and Cav have similar attributes, no wonder they work well together.

Mark has never had the power numbers of other sprinters, and wasn’t taken seriously because of it at the beginning of his career. Patrick doesn’t have the budget of some of the other big teams.

Both make up for it with their skill and craft. That’s why Cav won today, Bouhanni was flying on the outside, but he had already got boxed in. Cav positioned himself perfectly. 

Amazing the team spirit Patrick has in that team.

Edited by Knersboy

50 minutes ago, Patchelicious said:

Well done Cav. You certainly made me eat some humble pie. 

You know you want it … that Oke-Lee Kato ????

5 hours ago, King Pluto said:

Totally and the saddest part is that it's only been three stages and we have so many crashes and quite a number of riderd out and disadvantaged.

and the time lost for some strong gc guys.  complete dissarray

2 hours ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

The internet is on my side - I believed he could do it at a time he probably couldn’t but I just love his passion for riding a bike

his gratitude to the team for giving him a chance and his teammates for believing was there for us all to see 

He beat everyone that is there and win 31 took a while but it’s on the books - now the green jersey would crown off a special career but now I’m just being greedy

hincapie will be happy and old man Pat just keeps reminding us what a wily old fox he is 

stuff like this is why I ride a bike - guys from these new balls to the wall young guns to the comeback kings just make me wanna roll 

I'm definitely not a fan of the Cavster but even I had to choke a bit seeing his humility in winning today.

2 hours ago, Vetplant said:

So, moving day in the TT tomorrow. 

Wout and Tadej probably most likely to move into Yellow at the end of the stage. 

Pretty sure MvdP will give it his all to wear it one more day, but I fear it won't be enough. 

The World Champion has a proper TT too, so might just nick it. Remember that TT into Pau... 

If Tadej moves into Yellow it might be too early, but he won't hold any punches. UAE will just hope some strong classics riders go up the road and take Yellow away for a couple of days until they reach the mountains. 

I'm not sure Wout has the legs for a TT win yet. maybe at the 2nd TT. Tadej, Kung maybe AlaPhillipe for the Podium. Tomorrow we'll see if Roglic will be a factor in this years race. He's ranked #1 TTist in 2021 so anything more than 30sec dropped to Tadej will be difficult to overturn in weeks 2&3

But anything can happen. Others GC contenders have not had Roglic's rotten TDF luck

On 6/24/2021 at 4:50 PM, Frosty said:

My annual wish:

I hope all GC contenders are fit, stay upright and they all make it to Paris in their best possible form, without losing time for non race-tactic incidents, eg. held up in crash, or crash as a result of someone else's stupidity.

Bring on the crosswinds and rider's errors in judgment, like not paying attention to their positioning on a final climb, etc.
Do bonus seconds count this year? Haven't looked. Hope they do and they all race each other for those precious seconds.

Should be a good Tour, on paper, let's hope it lives up to it on the road.

Maybe next year...

Few ZAR down on Cav for Paris.

Secret Pro thinks the course is to tuff for him to finish.

With no Olimpics on the cards, the high of today, Paris must be on the horizon.

2 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Few ZAR down on Cav for Paris.

Secret Pro thinks the course is to tuff for him to finish.

With no Olimpics on the cards, the high of today, Paris must be on the horizon.

I’ll bet 10 bags of dog food to the SPCA that he will pull out once the mountains start.

Even in that bumper year for DD he pulled out early.