Tour de France 2021

gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Our very own hubber John Wakefield just got a mention on Danish TV. Mikkel Bjerg said his coach JW told him to go full gas today ????

SA representing!!

Mikel Bjerg interview just showed up on the international feed.

Go John! Representing. ????

Bissenger rolling off now.

If he can't get close to the leading time here we can basically write off any GC okes going close. The rain is a real concern here.

I do maybe understand the Froome scenario, He isn't riding for GC as he is there to assist Woods, So perhaps save as much energy as possible ahead of the mountain stages as that Ineos team are going really light things up I reckon.

2 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Thanks for the updates guys. At work and no opp to view any of the time trails. Will hopefully catch the last bit again when I get home later

Booked off sick, so have nothing better to do. :) Will drop some more titbits here...

1 minute ago, Mountain Bru said:

Campernaerts waving to the crowd coming in 2 minutes down..... ????‍♂️ Today is a write off.

Rain must have played a part, but maybe he also has some other intentions for the rest of the tour? Some Giro-like attacks?

Just now, Cycotic said:

Rain must have played a part, but maybe he also has some other intentions for the rest of the tour? Some Giro-like attacks?

I guess even if he was going for the win, as soon as the rain started he would have aborted. There's no ways the guys riding in the wet can really compete with the guys that rode in the dry.