Tour de France 2021

gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Only watch the highlights now, VDP had to work hard to keep the yellow. Have not seen him spent like that before.

The Pog bearly breaking a sweat.

I guess one can say that MVDP worked a little harder in the first 4 stages, resulting in being a little more tired than Poc today.

Remarkable effort from the charismatic Mathieu. He’s never completed a time trial, never mind wearing the Golden Fleece, had last minute TT set up done (in sneakers and skinsuit) and still retained the top spot. 

Advantage Pogačar - geez, he made it all seem so easy and never lost his shape, albeit it being a relatively short course. A dominant display against the clock. 

4 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

A mate read an article (trying to find the link) where MvDP wanted a specific wheelset for today and the guy who delivered it had to drive over 900kms to deliver them!! 

Pffft amateur, Motoman drove further for a Coke can of PO 

6 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

A mate read an article (trying to find the link) where MvDP wanted a specific wheelset for today and the guy who delivered it had to drive over 900kms to deliver them!! 

Power of yellow ????

So lets gets this straight. MVDP goes on an online shopping spree on Tuesday. Buys Princeton Carbon Works wheels from an Ineos rider and a set of aerobars from Wattshop..

Gets a Skinsuit custom made on Tuesday Night while having a bikeset up done in tekkies..

Then finishes 5th in the TT and keeps Yellow.

What happens when he stops riding road as a hobbie and takes it seriously?

Edited by DieselnDust

4 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Anything can happen. 

One day of Crosswinds and Pog can lose minutes. 

I think we are still in for a stormer! 

It’s possible, but I don’t think it’s probable. 
Time will tell.

On 6/28/2021 at 8:11 AM, Gnarly said:

MVDP does not have to save matches for week 2 and 3, his job is done, yellow for a few days, then off to Japan. 

Flight delayed... Damn what a ride. 

30 minutes ago, Gnarly said:

Flight delayed... Damn what a ride. 

JA 2019... Let's see how long he can and wants to retain yellow. The next two days are possible, the one thereafter is going to be his real test.