Tour de France 2021

gummibear

1 hour ago, Ossie NL said:

Some geekie numbers from TT yesterday: Wout Poels had av power of 420W for full stage and weighs 66kg, so ~6.3 w/kg .... and comes 53rd on 2.41!!!!!  
So Pogi must have been around 7w/kg for the full 32 min.... nogal woes ek se!!!

Tadej is 66kg and did not do 7wkg. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Tadej is 66kg and did not do 7wkg. 

Ya that would be a suspicious number. NP of around 410W?

2 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Ya that would be a suspicious number. NP of around 410W?

I unfortunately cant give that info out but it definitely wasn't 7wkg and not over that course either. 

CDA value was however was really good. 

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Nic says "I'm breaking away on Friday '

Matthieu is like" hold my beer "

That is his best chance of retaining yellow after SATURDAY, by gaining some time on Friday. 

Dream scenario that won't happen: 

Wout: Hey Matthieu, wanna go long? You can secure your yellow for a few days more? I'll give you the stage as well. 

MvdP: Sure, let's show these ballies how you ride a TDF stage. 

Nick:Can I tag along? I'll set the pace on the climbs for you guys. 

Wout+MvdP: Cool, let's go! 

Stranger things have happened... 

I unfortunately cant give that info out but it definitely wasn't 7wkg and not over that course either. 

fine.. 6.9 then ????

He does have a beautiful position on the bike. A good time-trialer is a work of art.

4 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

That is his best chance of retaining yellow after SATURDAY, by gaining some time on Friday. 

Wout: Hey Matthieu, wanna go long? You can secure your yellow for a few days more? I'll give you the stage as well. 

And friday is a beast. 250kms, and gets pretty lumpy the final 100 

Ok no problem I can appreciate the confidentiality required. Yeah he looked really low on the bike with the helmet fitting neatly into the neck area. Maintained his position very well too which illustrated he's spent a decent amount of hours refining his position. A lot of the riders leave a lot on the table wrt their TT bike position.

MVDP looked good but there is a lot of work to be done to optimise his set up. They did a darn good job of hacking it LOL ????

9 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Ok no problem I can appreciate the confidentiality required. Yeah he looked really low on the bike with the helmet fitting neatly into the neck area. Maintained his position very well too which illustrated he's spent a decent amount of hours refining his position. A lot of the riders leave a lot on the table wrt their TT bike position.

MVDP looked good but there is a lot of work to be done to optimise his set up. They did a darn good job of hacking it LOL ????

Evenepoel and Tadej are the two current riders that really give me the impression that they have internalised what it is means to be as Aero as possible. Nose right onto the Aero bars as much as possible. Only look up at intervals, look down when not required.

Beautiful to watch them go. 

Edited by Vetplant
Auto text screwed up that sentence

19 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Bjerg's time was superb. Average of 48km/hr is flying over that course

we'd need to go back to a time when MTB started to become a main stream sport and that was around the late 80's to early 90's. There were guys racing XCO +CX and CX + Road but not XCO+CX+Raod (except for a few exceptions here and there). The transition from XCO to road was tried by the like of Christoph Dupoy and Miguel Martinez but none were too successful. The most successful MTBer in the road scene was Cadel Evans until Mathieu van der Poel came along. He is really a trend setter in the multi discipline arena. Pidcock looks to be the next guy. we may see more rider make the transitions as the sports science behind the required training becomes more understood and accepted. Still lots of traditional thinkers amongst the coaching fraternity.

I

https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider/jean-christophe-peraud

olympic MTB silver and 2nd on GC at TdF?

https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider/jakob-fuglsang

Absa Cape epic winner with an olympic road silver, a few monuments and some weeklong stage race wins?

and while the depth of talent is much shallower, there's a few ladies who have swapped bikes and still dominated.

but while we're talking cuddles on knobblies, there are some internet gems out there. he was the reason why MTB and DH have 5 on the podium, he finished 5th and because he was a local junior they made the circle bigger.

Cadel-21.jpg

9 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

fine.. 6.9 then ????

He does have a beautiful position on the bike. A good time-trialer is a work of art.

I reckon the W/kg is more in the 6.2 to 6.3 region. MVDP mentioned a number to the occupants of his Team car after the stage, something about 452 which everyone assumes was his Normalised Power. I assume his weight s 72kg ish so that's 6.27W/kg Since Tadej put 30sec into MVDP I'd interpolate he was at a similar W/kg for his ride with a better CoD

20 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

realistically, neither VDP or WvA are GC riders, so the peloton could let them go. Though they did that in 2006 and look what happened there. Imagine if WvA got a 30min lead, it'd be game over for everyone. Would make a great story if those two got in a big break.

5 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

realistically, neither VDP or WvA are GC riders, so the peloton could let them go. Though they did that in 2006 and look what happened there. Imagine if WvA got a 30min lead, it'd be game over for everyone. Would make a great story if those two got in a big break.

Exactly 

Fingers crossed ????

What is obvious is that the fight for the break tomorrow will be insanely hard. 

4 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider/jean-christophe-peraud

olympic MTB silver and 2nd on GC at TdF?

https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider/jakob-fuglsang

Absa Cape epic winner with an olympic road silver, a few monuments and some weeklong stage race wins?

and while the depth of talent is much shallower, there's a few ladies who have swapped bikes and still dominated.

but while we're talking cuddles on knobblies, there are some internet gems out there. he was the reason why MTB and DH have 5 on the podium, he finished 5th and because he was a local junior they made the circle bigger.

Cadel-21.jpg

Yeah I'm aware of those okes but I did say "most Successful Mtber in the road scene" as Cadel won the UCI World Cup Series twice in 1998 and 1999 then switched to Road full time after Sydney 2000 where he finished 7th. He also won the Cape Epic as a Master a few years back.

I recall Fuglsang's Cape Epic win, it was 2008. He didn't do much after that.

Peraud is also still fresh in my memory as he was seen as the next big French VTT hope after Christoph Dupoey retired. But why try to beat Julien Absalon when you can have a great career on the road.

7 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

although I agree that neither is focussed on the overall, or so we believe, I recall last year WvA pulling the JV train up gradients everyone said he had no business keeping up let alone leading for switchback after switchback. These two lads have the W/Kg so I reckon there's no way the peloton would let either go anywhere. 

However I would dearly love to see this scenario play out just to break the dogma that one has to be a lightweight frail chicken skinned freak to be a good climber

3 hours ago, chainsaw said:

The slops????

Finally! I have been waiting for someone to make those things cool and we all know Lachlan is the epitome of cool. Could use a pair of those cleated shimano slops for riding with my laaitie. Come to think of it, maybe it is better if they aren’t cool, at least I can embarrass the laaitie then.

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

He bought flat perrels, _Chris. And those are ordinary Birkenstock sandals. He still reached his milestone for yesterday, at roughly the same amount of completion rate than when wearing his normal Rapha shoes. Just incredible, that monk with a bike.

Yep with slops and flat pedals without socks and the slops still being loose, He did 303kms with a 29.3km/h average speed.