Tour de France 2021

gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Roul said:

Just me, or was there some deviation in line?

Either way, the man is strong.

If I was Alpecin Fenix, I would consider a protest. Merlier was nearly taken out there. 

6 minutes ago, Roul said:

Just me, or was there some deviation in line?

Either way, the man is strong.

Of course. He chopped Merlier in half. 

Don't know why, but I don't think it'll come to anything. 

Edit; should it? Probably

Edited by Chris_

"Dear Dougie..."????

on a different tack... I wonder if Mark could match Eddies record and take home the Green Jersey. Not sure if Patrick could pay those bonuses! 

Edited by Dirt Tracker

3 hours ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Todays finish line is the very finish line where Mark Cavendish won his 1st ever TdF stage which was back in 2008, Dare we dream??

???? this guy though.... Gonna watch this finish on repeat, Mrs will have to talk to the dog tonight!!!

Alaphilipe yet again nearly rode himself into the ground to help set Cavendish up. Besides being on hell of a bikeracer he is is also a team- man second to none. Pat Levefere might be a bit of a loose cannon but he certainly knows how to gel a team together.

Didn't watch the whole stage so maybe I missed something, but Morkov definitely cut in front of Sagan at the intermediate sprint and forced him into the barrier- probably nothing will come of it because there wasn't a crash.

Cav definitely cut in front of the Alpecin boys too - probably nothing will come of it because there wasn't a crash.

If these guys are so serious about safety, and want to protest having to ride on straight roads if they're too narrow, why aren't they more up in arms about guys chopping each other in sprints? Is deviating only an issue if the guy you chop crashes? Seems like it's easier to throw stones at the UCI than at each other. 

(I'm not saying that the course on stage 3 didn't have problems, just that there's clearly inconsistencies in when people throw their toys out the cot)

9 minutes ago, Eldron said:

The drifted together - the Cav a bit more but neither stayed straight to the line. No reason for a protest there....

Fair observation ????