• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

Intermediate sprint:

Morkov on the right of the bunch, Sagan on the left:
image.png.b6f0ae21c158554cff984976003cfd0e.png

Sagan has clear road in front of him, so does Morkov.

image.png.5df8f7fcdd33178f436b7b110b99eebc.png

Moving towards LHS barrier, Sagan trying to come around him:

image.png.35da5b565e2778f8a1f8eb5d62456d17.png

Morkov now in front of Sagan on LHS barrier:

image.png.70798b410aeb7d3ffef81bb4b4201eea.png

Sagan checking sprint due to Morkov moving closer to barrier:

image.png.50f4b128d49ee6b8eda25da603917150.png

I would feel a bit pissed if I was Sagan. Maybe Cav would still have been quicker than him, but that doesn't make it okay for Morkov to move across the entire road and pinch him towards the barrier

The bigger safety issue here was the huge “lean” from Bouhani who got a finger waving from one of the other riders - I’m surprised nobody has mentioned this.

6 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

I can not like his posts enough. Been following him and as crazy as he comes across as, he is tough as nails. Tim Wellens and Thomas De Gent also need to do something like this. Their ride a few years back was also pretty epic but this trumps theirs by far.

I know Barloworld did it back in the day, I'm sure more do too, where a group of people ride a section of the route each day, and get driven around etc with the team. 

Someone should make this self-supported old world tdf route a thing as well. This is an epic journey

6 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

The bigger safety issue here was the huge “lean” from Bouhani who got a finger waving from one of the other riders - I’m surprised nobody has mentioned this.

Booohani, the other Moscon 

14 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

Maybe Cav would still have been quicker than him, but that doesn't make it okay for Morkov to move across the entire road and pinch him towards the barrier

Never been in a bike race, have you?

9 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Never been in a bike race, have you?

How about some insight then?

14 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

How about some insight then?

Tactical blocking, no different to rugby players getting in the way of a wing or full back who is chasing a kick.

The thing is in bike racing it is impossible to "police" every second of a race 100% to the letter of the regulations. Incidents happen all the time and most of the time nothing comes from it except for some shouting and finger pointing unless a rider or team feels so agrieved and lodge a formal complain. The riders and teams obviously know that next time they might be the offending party and then it becomes tit for tat. It is the same in amateur cycling.

We tend to make a lot out of an incident if our favourite rider is on the receiving end but are often dead quiet when the same rider is dishing it out.

2 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

Booohani, the other Moscon 

No friends Boohani

Interesting / fun fact about Moscon is that people say and including staff is that when he is off the bike he is the polar opposite. friendly, caring and a real good person. I nearly fell off my chair when I told this in a convo. 

Just looking at how keen Wout is for this break, he obviously realises this is his final chance to pull on yellow before the big mountains start. 

But the peloton simply doesn't want to let him go.