Tour de France 2021

gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both WVA and MVDP believe they are too heavy to contest GC so the might just sit in the bunch after today's brave efforts. Can't wait for the next two days..

4 minutes ago, dsw said:

My view is that Roglic should pull out of this race and try to recover and do the Vuelta.

Agree with this. Doubt he will be worth much to any team mates in his current condition anyways. 

Just now, Vetplant said:

Agree with this. Doubt he will be worth much to any team mates in his current condition anyways. 

It was sad to see him struggle like he did. He certainly had a fair share of misfortune lately. He looked in super form until the crash. The sad thing is that he might never win the tour as he is no spring chicken anymore and it will become harder and harder with the younger guys becoming stronger.  ( Bernal, Evenpoel, and not to even talk about Pogacar). 

1 hour ago, Mountain Bru said:

What am I watching?????

MVDP and WVA, who contest and win bunch sprints, dropping Yates on a climb???? 

Roglic cracking on the back of a climb on stage 7 before the high mountains?

Pogacar looks like he'll lose 5 minutes to WVA on a hilly stage? 

We like them, they are flamboyant and fun, so don’t come and imply shenanigans here. Stop those tendencies! 

Well, moment of silence for my champ Rogla.

Sigh... 

What a day though. That was a great result for a serious GC shake-up. GT's need more days like this. 

Well done MvdP, the tour will be lesser when he jumps on the plane. 

Well done WvA! Keep that TJV flag flying high. It'll be a fascinating journey when the road angles up. 

Still early days and no mountains yet.

Once they hit actual mountains the likes of WVA, MVDP etc will lose time in 10 minute chunks.

I'm not sure I want sanity restored just yet though - I'm loving this edition.

The Tour of Tears 2021!

This tour is so exciting so far I have not even had time to study the overall standings properly.

hahahaha 

Loving the okes getting super animated about WvA taking yellow to Paris.

What few people have mentioned is Vincenzo suddenly up 40 seconds off Pogacar.

With 1 or 2 big descent finishes, he might light up the race if he can stay with the 'leading group' over the weekend.

Edited by Jewbacca
spelling

17 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Still early days and no mountains yet.

Once they hit actual mountains the likes of WVA, MVDP etc will lose time in 10 minute chunks.

I'm not sure I want sanity restored just yet though - I'm loving this edition.

The Tour of Tears 2021!

Special top 7 currently. Mohoric is the only one to have NOT won a Monument yet. 

So the GC just reflects the "Classics" nature of this first week.

Think Wout just wants yellow as  long as feasibly possible. In 2020 he was 1h20 down on Tadej. I am under no illusion, he won't wear it into Paris. 

Maybe they all sit down tonight and decide to send him hunting for Green. That is way more realistic for him, even with his current deficit to Cav. 

101st rider to win a stage in each of the Grand Tour, this after that terrible flip flack kinda crash on that descent in Giro. Slovenia's the rising super power in cycling, alongside the traditional countries in Italy, France, Spain, Belgium and definitely Colombia. The tears of the big guy, wow, beautiful.

pic Cor Vos

F96E9358-8936-4B26-B1C9-CDBDBBA18750.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale