gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

So sad, but completely understandable. 

Very sad, unfortunately he is probably the only one that had a chance of taking the fight to Pogacar .... ????

There is absolutely no one left to challenge him, Wout is simply to big/heavy to stay with him in the serious mountains and all the other contenders/pretenders failed miserably so far.

Edited by TheoG

15 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Very sad, unfortunately he is probably the only one that had a chance of taking the fight to Pogacar .... ????

There is absolutely no one left to challenge him, Wout is simply to big/heavy to stay with him in the serious mountains and all the other contenders/pretenders failed miserably so far.

Agreed. 

Feels like it is now a race for 2nd.

Remember, anything can happen to Pogacar and then whoever is 2nd pulls on the Yellow Jersey. So still worth fighting for a podium position. 

Will be interesting to see how Pogacar wants to race this now: Sit back and follow moves? or Destroy his opponents at every opportunity?

1 hour ago, TheoG said:

I see Louis Meintjies is up into 21st.  Not bad considering where he was not too long ago, hopefully he can climb some more places.

Yip, he has been doing well.

Whenever I see Louis following the wheels in a major event I cannot help to think of the wishdom of Clint Eastwood aka Dirty Harry in one of his famous movies when he said : " Man's got to know his limitations". 

Louis knows his and rides accordingly ????

Edited by dsw

34 minutes ago, TheoG said:

I think there were originally 3 who had a chance to take the fight to Pogacar but 2 were broken by crashes and the third one is still desperately hanging in for dear life. 

I am quite impressed by Sergio Henao who has quietly moved into position no 11. Not bad for a rider who struggled to find a team in the beginning of the season until Doug signed him for Qhubeka. I hope he can keep it up.

3 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Agreed. 

Feels like it is now a race for 2nd.

Remember, anything can happen to Pogacar and then whoever is 2nd pulls on the Yellow Jersey. So still worth fighting for a podium position. 

Will be interesting to see how Pogacar wants to race this now: Sit back and follow moves? or Destroy his opponents at every opportunity?

Surely if anyone still wants to contend it has to be today? 

I'm sure you'll never find Pog as tired as he must be today after his 2 hour ftp test yesterday. 

2 of the 3 people I was most excited to watch are no longer riding ????

This tour is going a bit like the hub forums... 

13 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

Politics! Religion! Nazis! 

Sadly, I have to agree... Pogacar is just far too strong. So now I only have the potential of Matt Keenan to say 'and that is the Chateau de la Grosse Bite' and think 'my, that turret is amazing' because I don't speak French. ????????

38 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

Surely if anyone still wants to contend it has to be today? 

I'm sure you'll never find Pog as tired as he must be today after his 2 hour ftp test yesterday. 

It depends....

Do they have...

1) the legs

2) the temperament

7 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

It depends....

Do they have...

1) the legs

2) the temperament

Fair to say no one has no 1. This has been a stonking first week. 

So ja, it's down to the size of your intangibles. 

1 hour ago, Chris_ said:

That bad? ????