Tour de France 2021

gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, dsw said:

According to "The Secret Pro" Cav will be lapped tomorrow :)

He better be wrong. 

I think Cav never even thought he would be this close to the record at the start of Le Tour. I reckon he is more driven now to get to Paris than ever before even in his prime, and his team will make sure he gets over the line tomorrow within the time limit I'm sure.

6 hours ago, SwissVan said:

Never been a huge Cav fan have i.... but I'll quite happily eat my words this year.

I hope he stays in it until the final sprint on the Champs Elysees 

Exactly the same feeling here. Really hope he make Paris and get the record.

At the same time (and I know Cav have somewhat more expertise in the sprinting domain than me), but one bit of advice - dont miss out on the record - only because you crossed the line with your hands in the air (like you did twice now in a week) while someone with a bike-throw takes the win and record away from you. Please, oh please, celebrate after you actually had already won. Only because I want you to have the record.

10 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

He's definitely doing flippen well, and is on the best form he's been in for years, but I feel like we've been robbed of seeing him stack up against the likes of Ewan and S Bennet, even Merlier. I think Ewan might have been quicker than him if he didn't crash, and even Merlier was looking quicker than him until he decided to ride as a lead out man for Phillipson. 

Agree that the racing would have been more exciting with other sprinters but Cav can only beat who’s there and after years of illness and crashes perhaps he’s owed some fortune

getting over today is going to be tough especially if the guys at the front continue dropping watt bombs 

16 minutes ago, corrie.kuilder said:

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/van-der-poels-early-tour-de-france-exit-not-good-for-cycling-says-eddy-merckx/

Kind of disappointed in MVDP, he is a very talented cyclist, but also found it kind of disrespectful to start a very prestigious and historic tour, only to abandon it after a certain goal was achieved. Have to agree with EM in the article. 

It was easier for Eddy to finish as he used special gel which I find disrespectful - such an icon while others are pariahs?

I do agree that if you start you should try finish but he’s not the first anf he was honest about it from the outset

37 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

Agree that the racing would have been more exciting with other sprinters but Cav can only beat who’s there and after years of illness and crashes perhaps he’s owed some fortune

getting over today is going to be tough especially if the guys at the front continue dropping watt bombs 

Today is going to be tuff.

From ASO point perhaps a bit of leniency for the great comeback story to be told.

Breaking the record on the final day…

Never liked EM, even more after his comments.

29 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Expect a new Cav edition Spez coming out.

The bonusses needs to be paid.

One thing is sure, they have properly offset the dismal performance at the Giro. 

A day in yellow and 4 stage victories. 

Older man Pat will be pleased already. 

10 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

he just needs to pace and hold on. It will be brutal but hell make it 

With the help of his faithful teammates he can make it.

At nearly 200 kms and more than 4 500 meters ascent, this’ll be a very dramatic day. The GC challenge promises to be very interesting as the mighty Ineos will aim to seize back some control as UAE’s Pogačar is exceptional against the clock with the final time trial looming in the 3rd week. 

I’m keeping an eye on Vingegaard as a new prospect for GC for the team on Bianchis. 

Can the maillot vert make it within the time limit? The Wolfpack will do their best with sticky bottles. ????

Edited by 'Dale

42 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

One thing is sure, they have properly offset the dismal performance at the Giro. 

A day in yellow and 4 stage victories. 

Older man Pat will be pleased already. 

Old man Pat might be pleased, but his bank Manager won't be - according to GH on The Move Cav is riding for free, but has some pretty big win bonus clauses in the contract