gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

WvA caught behind a split :(

Stand by, Might have been a Bahrain rider instead...

2 hours ago, Vetplant said:

I was very concerned that they would ask Wout to sit up on the descent yesterday and wait for Vingegaard. With only a 10s gap to the two Trek riders initially, I think Wout could have closed it down and still taken the Win, but I am happy he got the win under the belt without the added stress.

IMHO they should leave Wout to do what he does best. But losing Tony Martin yesterday, TJV is very thin on support for Vingegaard.

Vingegaard seems absolutely fine on his own on the climbs. He will need the Wout Watts if he gets caught out in crosswinds.

So most likely instruction is to stick with Vingegaard till 3km-to-go on sprint stages and then Wout can surf wheels to try and get a result. His breakaway days are probably done, for now.

image.png.f5d31d4e769655d4584acd9b64ecd638.png

I forgot Kruiswijk is in the tour. Him and Kuss having been doing a great job of being invisible. 

1 minute ago, DieselnDust said:

INEOS doing a great job of spreading their resources across all the groups on the road

Wouldn't want to put all your eggs in 1 basket/echelon 

1 minute ago, Chris_ said:

I'll bet anything Simon 'I only ride at the back' Yates has been caught out already

I think I saw him in the front group